While our results in litigation are unrivaled, it is our ability to tirelessly champion a cause that defines the attorneys at the Firm.
Mark Dearman is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office, where his practice focuses on consumer fraud, securities fraud, mass torts, antitrust, and whistleblower litigation.
Mark, along with other Robbins Geller attorneys, is currently leading the effort on behalf of cities and counties around the country in In re National Prescription Opiate Litig. He was also recently appointed as the Chair of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litig. and was appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re FieldTurf Artificial Turf Mktg. Practices Litig., which alleges that FieldTurf USA Inc. and its related companies sold defective synthetic turf for use in athletic fields. His other recent representative cases include In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., MDL No. 14-2551 (SRN), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38755 (D. Minn. Mar. 25, 2015); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., 903 F. Supp. 2d 942 (S.D. Cal. 2012); In re Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Mktg., Sales Practices, & Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2672 CRB (JSC), 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 1357 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 5, 2016); In re Ford Fusion & C-Max Fuel Econ. Litig., No. 13-MD-2450 (KMK), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 155383 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 12, 2015); Looper v. FCA US LLC, No. 5:14-cv-00700-VAP-DTB (C.D. Cal.); In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litig., 95 F. Supp. 3d 419 (S.D.N.Y. 2015), aff’d, 833 F.3d 151 (2d Cir. 2016); In re Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litig., No. 16-md-2687 (JLL) (JAD) (D.N.J.); In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 16-2011-CA-010616 (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. Ct., Duval Cty.); Gemelas v. Dannon Co. Inc., No. 1:08-cv-00236 (N.D. Ohio); and In re AuthenTec, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 05-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. 18th Jud. Cir. Ct., Brevard Cty.).
Mark is a member of the faculty of the inaugural Mass Torts MDL Certificate Program at the Bolch Judicial Institute of Duke Law School (March 2019). He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine for seven consecutive years. Mark has also been recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Mark spent several years defending Fortune 500 companies in all aspects of litigation, with an emphasis in complex commercial litigation, consumer claims, and mass torts (products liability and personal injury). He went on to found the firm of Dearman & Gerson, where he continued to defend many publicly traded corporations for over 12 years. Within the last 20 years of practice, Mark has obtained extensive jury trial experience on the plaintiffs’ side, protecting the rights of consumers throughout the United States.
Mark earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida and his Juris Doctor degree from Nova Southeastern University. Upon graduation from law school, he worked in the Miami office of Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell.
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2020
- Recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2004, 2006
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 1993
- University of Florida, B.A., 1990
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- June 4, 2020
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in Zantac Products Liability MDLMay 26, 2020
- August 15, 2019
- June 30, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- October 8, 2018
- September 6, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- A Country Under Siege: Robbins Geller Continues to Lead the Fight Against the Nationwide Opioid CrisisAugust 10, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- June 18, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed Chair of Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in Apple Inc. LitigationMay 16, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- December 14, 2017
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed to Plaintiffs' Executive Committee in FieldTurf Artificial Turf Marketing Practices LitigationAugust 22, 2017
- July 19, 2017
- June 8, 2017
- June 8, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- June 11, 2015
- April 16, 2014
- Faculty, Mass Torts MDL Certificate Program, Bolch Judicial Institute of Duke Law School
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Duke Law Bolch Judicial Institute, Mass-Tort MDL Certificate Program, Durham, North Carolina; March 11-13, 2020
- The Duke Law Bolch Judicial Institute, Mass-Tort MDL Certificate Program, Durham, North Carolina; March 13-15, 2019