While our results in litigation are unrivaled, it is our ability to tirelessly champion a cause that defines the attorneys at the Firm.
Mark Dearman is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office, where his practice focuses on consumer fraud, securities fraud, mass torts, antitrust, and whistleblower litigation.
Mark, along with other Robbins Geller attorneys, is currently leading the effort on behalf of cities and counties around the country in In re National Prescription Opiate Litig. He was recently appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Zantac (Ranitidine) Prods. Liab. Litig., and as Chair of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litig., Mark obtained a $310 million settlement. His other recent representative cases include In re FieldTurf Artificial Turf Mktg. Pracs. Litig., No. 3:17-md-02779 (D.N.J.); In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., MDL No. 14-2551 (SRN), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38755 (D. Minn. Mar. 25, 2015); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., 903 F. Supp. 2d 942 (S.D. Cal. 2012); In re Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Mktg., Sales Pracs., & Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2672 CRB (JSC), 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 1357 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 5, 2016); In re Ford Fusion & C-Max Fuel Econ. Litig., No. 13-MD-2450 (KMK), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 155383 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 12, 2015); Looper v. FCA US LLC, No. 5:14-cv-00700-VAP-DTB (C.D. Cal.); In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litig., 95 F. Supp. 3d 419 (S.D.N.Y. 2015), aff’d, 833 F.3d 151 (2d Cir. 2016); In re Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litig., No. 16-md-2687 (JLL) (JAD) (D.N.J.); In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 16-2011-CA-010616 (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. Ct., Duval Cnty.); Gemelas v. Dannon Co. Inc., No. 1:08-cv-00236 (N.D. Ohio); and In re AuthenTec, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 05-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. 18th Jud. Cir. Ct., Brevard Cnty.).
Mark is a member of the faculty of the inaugural Mass Torts MDL Certificate Program at the Bolch Judicial Institute of Duke Law School (March 2019). He is also a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 (March 2021). He has been rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating available), named a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer and a 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer by Lawdragon, and has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine for seven consecutive years. Mark has also been recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Mark spent several years defending Fortune 500 companies in all aspects of litigation, with an emphasis in complex commercial litigation, consumer claims, and mass torts (products liability and personal injury). He went on to found the firm of Dearman & Gerson, where he continued to defend many publicly traded corporations for over 12 years. Within the last 20 years of practice, Mark has obtained extensive jury trial experience on the plaintiffs’ side, protecting the rights of consumers throughout the United States.
Mark earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida and his Juris Doctor degree from Nova Southeastern University. Upon graduation from law school, he worked in the Miami office of Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell.
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2020-2022
- 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2022
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2020
- Recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2004, 2006
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 1993
- University of Florida, B.A., 1990
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- September 27, 2022
- “‘Rapid-Fire Five-Dimensional Chess’”: Partner Aelish Baig Discusses Recent “Landmark Victory” with Law360September 2, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- On the Eve of Closing Arguments in Opioid Trial, Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Strike Historic $58 Million Settlement for the City and County of San FranciscoJuly 13, 2022
- Paul Geller and Leadership Committee Honored as “Litigators of the Week” Upon Announcement of Historic $26 Billion Settlement in Opioid LitigationJuly 23, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- Rite Aid Loses Bid to Force Arbitration of Generic Drug Price Fraud Claims in Ninth Circuit Victory Robbins Geller Obtained for ConsumersMay 26, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- August 25, 2020
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in Zantac Products Liability MDLMay 26, 2020
- June 30, 2019
- October 8, 2018
- September 6, 2018
- A Country Under Siege: Robbins Geller Continues to Lead the Fight Against the Nationwide Opioid CrisisAugust 10, 2018
- June 25, 2018
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed Chair of Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in Apple Inc. LitigationMay 16, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- December 14, 2017
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed to Plaintiffs' Executive Committee in FieldTurf Artificial Turf Marketing Practices LitigationAugust 22, 2017
- July 19, 2017
- Faculty, Mass Torts MDL Certificate Program, Bolch Judicial Institute of Duke Law School
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The Duke Law Bolch Judicial Institute, Mass-Tort MDL Certificate Program, Durham, North Carolina; March 11-13, 2020
- The Duke Law Bolch Judicial Institute, Mass-Tort MDL Certificate Program, Durham, North Carolina; March 13-15, 2019