Mark J. Dearman
“While our results in litigation are unrivaled, it is our ability to tirelessly champion a cause that defines the attorneys at the Firm.”
Mark Dearman’s extensive defense background and trial experience is a unique asset that the Firm utilizes in protecting the rights of those who have been harmed by corporate misconduct.
Mark Dearman is a partner in the Firm’s Boca Raton office, where his practice focuses on consumer fraud, securities fraud, mass torts, antitrust, whistleblower and corporate takeover litigation.
Dearman was most recently appointed to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re FieldTurf Artificial Turf Mktg. Practices Litig., which alleges that FieldTurf USA Inc. and its related companies sold defective synthetic turf for use in athletic fields. His other recent representative cases include In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., MDL No. 14-2551 (SRN), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38755 (D. Minn. Mar. 25, 2015); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., 903 F. Supp. 2d 942 (S.D. Cal. 2012); In re Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Mktg., Sales Practices, & Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2672 CRB (JSC), 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 1357 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 5, 2016); In re Ford Fusion & C-Max Fuel Econ. Litig., No. 13-MD-2450 (KMK), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 155383 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 12, 2015); Looper v. FCA US LLC, No. 5:14-cv-00700-VAP-DTB (C.D. Cal.); In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litig., 95 F. Supp. 3d 419 (S.D.N.Y. 2015), aff’d, 833 F.3d 151 (2d Cir. 2016); In re Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litig., No. 16-md-2687 (JLL) (JAD) (D.N.J.); In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 16-2011-CA-010616 (Fla. 4th Jud. Cir. Ct., Duval Cty.); Gemelas v. Dannon Co. Inc., No. 1:08-cv-00236 (N.D. Ohio); and In re AuthenTec, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 05-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. 18th Jud. Cir. Ct., Brevard Cty.).
Dearman is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer in Super Lawyers Magazine. He has also been recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dearman spent several years defending Fortune 500 companies in all aspects of litigation, with an emphasis in complex commercial litigation, consumer claims and mass torts (products liability and personal injury). He went on to found the firm of Dearman & Gerson, where he continued to defend many publicly traded corporations for over 12 years. Within the last 17 years of practice, Dearman has obtained extensive jury trial experience on the plaintiffs’ side, protecting the rights of investors throughout the United States.
Dearman earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Florida and his Juris Doctor degree from Nova Southeastern University. Upon graduation from law school, he worked in the Miami office of Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell.
Mass Torts (Products Liability & Personal Injury)
Corporate Takeover Litigation
Honors & Awards
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, 2014-2017
- Recognized by his peers as being in the top 1.5% of Florida Civil Trial Lawyers as published in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2006, 2004
Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 1993
University of Florida, B.A., 1990
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eighth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP and the Miller Law Firm, P.C. File Lawsuit Against Drug Companies Behind Michigan’s Opioid EpidemicOctober 20, 2017
- Robbins Geller Partner Mark Dearman Appointed to Plaintiffs' Executive Committee in FieldTurf Artificial Turf Marketing Practices LitigationAugust 22, 2017
- July 19, 2017
- May 6, 2016
- March 26, 2015
Awards & Recognition
- Nine Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Eight Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016
- Five Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected to the 2015 Florida Super Lawyers List
- 25 Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected as Super Lawyers and 8 Honored as Rising Stars