Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP specializes in complex securities litigation on behalf of investors. Judges have described the Firm as one of the most formidable securities law firms in the country. With 200 lawyers in 10 offices nationwide, and thousands of successfully concluded securities actions, Robbins Geller has the resources, experience and tenacity to achieve superior results.
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys obtained a $400 million settlement for investors, resolving accusations that Pfizer misled investors about an alleged off-label drug marketing scheme. This exceptional result was achieved after five years of hard-fought litigation against the toughest and the brightest members of the securities defense bar by litigating this case all the way to trial.
Jones v. Pfizer Inc., No. 1:10-cv-03864 (S.D.N.Y.).
Top Plaintiff Firm
Elite Trial Lawyers
- The National Law Journal
Most Feared Plaintiffs’ Firm
Plaintiffs Hot List
- The National Law Journal
Band 1 Law Firm
- Chambers USA
Top-Tier Plaintiffs’ Firm
- The Legal 500
National Tier 1 Firm
- U.S. News
Robbins Geller attorneys served as lead counsel for a class of investors and obtained court approval of a $388 million recovery in nine 2007 residential mortgage-backed securities offerings issued by J.P. Morgan. The settlement represents, on a percentage basis, the largest recovery ever achieved in an MBS purchaser class action.
Fort Worth Emps.’ Ret. Fund v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., No. 1:09-cv-03701 (S.D.N.Y.).
This action was the first securities class action case filed against originators and Wall Street banks as a result of the credit crisis. Robbins Geller attorneys secured an unprecedented $500 million settlement for institutional and individual investors.
Luther v. Countrywide Fin. Corp., No. 12-cv-05125 (C.D. Cal.).
As sole lead counsel and after 14 years of tireless litigation, Robbins Geller obtained a record-breaking $1.575 billion recovery, which is the largest ever following a securities fraud class action trial, the largest securities fraud settlement in the Seventh Circuit and the seventh-largest settlement ever in a post-PSLRA securities fraud case.
Jaffe v. Household Int’l, Inc., No. 02-C-05893 (N.D. Ill.)
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys recovered more than $7.2 billion for victims of Enron. The Enron settlement is the largest aggregate class action settlement not only in a securities class action, but in class action history.
In re Enron Corp. Sec., 586 F. Supp. 2d 732, 811-12 (S.D. Tex. 2008)
Robbins Geller attorneys challenged a management-led buyout of Kinder Morgan and recovered $200 million for investors.
In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. S’holders Litig., No. 06-C-801 (Kan. Dist. Ct., Shawnee Cty. Nov. 19, 2010)
In December 2011, after four hard-fought years of litigation, Robbins Geller obtained a $200 million cash settlement from Motorola. This settlement is the third largest in the history of the Seventh Circuit for a securities class action.
— Silverman v. Motorola, Inc., No. 07 C 4507, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63477, at *5 (N.D. Ill. May 7, 2012) (St. Eve., J.)
In addition to a monetary recovery for shareholders exceeding $925 million, Robbins Geller attorneys also caused UnitedHealth to make critical changes to a number of its corporate governance polices.
In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig., 643 F. Supp. 2d 1094, 1099 (D. Minn. 2009)
Robbins Geller’s clients pursued individual, non-class action lawsuits arising out of the financial collapse of WorldCom, Inc. recovering $657 million for its clients.
Alaska Elec. Pension Fund v. CitiGroup, Inc. (In re WorldCom Sec. Litig.), No. 03 Civ. 8269 (S.D.N.Y. Dec. 12, 2005)
- Q1 2017 Newsletter
- Robbins Geller Earns Top Spot for Third Consecutive Year
- Law360 Profiles Robbins Geller Partner Tor Gronborg
- Daily Journal Selects Daniel Pfefferbaum to its 2017 “Top 40 Under 40” List
- Robbins Geller’s Paul Geller Rapid Fire Q&A in Angeion Group’s “Leading Litigator Series”
- Robbins Geller Announces Court Approval of $25 million Settlement in Trump University Case
- Big Lots Shareholder Class Certified in Securities Action
- L-3 Investors Soar in $34.5 Million Securities Class Action Recovery
- Robbins Geller Scores Class Certification in J.C. Penney Securities Class Action
- Robbins Geller Appointed to Leadership Role in Yahoo! Data Breach Litigation
- Robbins Geller: The Number One “Bad-Ass” Trial Firm
- Law360 Commends Robbins Geller’s Record-Breaking Wins in Securities Practice Group of the Year Profile
- Robbins Geller Achieves Unprecedented Corporate Governance Reforms in Community Health Systems
- Class Actions, Pit Bulls, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Robbins Geller’s Paul Geller Interviewed in Angeion Group’s New “Leading Litigator Series”
- Robbins Geller Profiled in NLJ Elite Trial Lawyers Securities Winner Q&A
- ISS Ranks Robbins Geller First in SCAS Top 50 Report