Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP specializes in complex securities litigation on behalf of investors. Judges have described the Firm as one of the most formidable securities law firms in the country. With 200 lawyers in 10 offices nationwide, and thousands of successfully concluded securities actions, Robbins Geller has the resources, experience and tenacity to achieve superior results.
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys obtained a $400 million settlement for investors, resolving accusations that Pfizer misled investors about an alleged off-label drug marketing scheme. This exceptional result was achieved after five years of hard-fought litigation against the toughest and the brightest members of the securities defense bar by litigating this case all the way to trial.
Jones v. Pfizer Inc., No. 1:10-cv-03864 (S.D.N.Y.).
Band 1 Law Firm, Leading Lawyers
- Chambers USA
Top Plaintiff Firm, Litigation Stars, Top Litigators Under 40
- Benchmark Litigation
Elite Trial Lawyers and Securities Category Winner, Trailblazers
- The National Law Journal
Tier 1 Plaintiffs’ Firm, Leading Lawyers, Next Generation Lawyers
- The Legal 500
Securities Practice Group of the Year
Robbins Geller attorneys served as lead counsel for a class of investors and obtained court approval of a $388 million recovery in nine 2007 residential mortgage-backed securities offerings issued by J.P. Morgan. The settlement represents, on a percentage basis, the largest recovery ever achieved in an MBS purchaser class action.
Fort Worth Emps.’ Ret. Fund v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., No. 1:09-cv-03701 (S.D.N.Y.).
This action was the first securities class action case filed against originators and Wall Street banks as a result of the credit crisis. Robbins Geller attorneys secured an unprecedented $500 million settlement for institutional and individual investors.
Luther v. Countrywide Fin. Corp., No. 12-cv-05125 (C.D. Cal.).
As sole lead counsel and after 14 years of tireless litigation, Robbins Geller obtained a record-breaking $1.575 billion recovery, which is the largest ever following a securities fraud class action trial, the largest securities fraud settlement in the Seventh Circuit and the seventh-largest settlement ever in a post-PSLRA securities fraud case.
Jaffe v. Household Int’l, Inc., No. 02-C-05893 (N.D. Ill.)
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys recovered more than $7.2 billion for victims of Enron. The Enron settlement is the largest aggregate class action settlement not only in a securities class action, but in class action history.
In re Enron Corp. Sec., 586 F. Supp. 2d 732, 811-12 (S.D. Tex. 2008)
Robbins Geller attorneys challenged a management-led buyout of Kinder Morgan and recovered $200 million for investors.
In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. S’holders Litig., No. 06-C-801 (Kan. Dist. Ct., Shawnee Cty. Nov. 19, 2010)
In December 2011, after four hard-fought years of litigation, Robbins Geller obtained a $200 million cash settlement from Motorola. This settlement is the third largest in the history of the Seventh Circuit for a securities class action.
— Silverman v. Motorola, Inc., No. 07 C 4507, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63477, at *5 (N.D. Ill. May 7, 2012) (St. Eve., J.)
In addition to a monetary recovery for shareholders exceeding $925 million, Robbins Geller attorneys also caused UnitedHealth to make critical changes to a number of its corporate governance polices.
In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig., 643 F. Supp. 2d 1094, 1099 (D. Minn. 2009)
Robbins Geller’s clients pursued individual, non-class action lawsuits arising out of the financial collapse of WorldCom, Inc. recovering $657 million for its clients.
Alaska Elec. Pension Fund v. CitiGroup, Inc. (In re WorldCom Sec. Litig.), No. 03 Civ. 8269 (S.D.N.Y. Dec. 12, 2005)
- Robbins Geller Helps Score a Win in Twitter Securities Case
- Robbins Geller Partners Dan Drosman and Jason Forge Named as Top Lawyers by the Daily Journal
- Robbins Geller and Hagens Berman File Comprehensive Multi-State Class Action Lawsuit Against Equifax for Massive Data Breach
- On the Record
- 17 Robbins Geller Attorneys Named 2017 NY Metro Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Robbins Geller Achieves $34.5 Million Recovery for L-3 Investors
- Best Lawyers® Names Eight Robbins Geller Attorneys as Best Lawyers in America and Selects Paul Geller as Lawyer of the Year
- Robbins Geller Wins Appeal in Ninth Circuit for Quality Systems Investors
- Law360 Profiles Robbins Geller’s Jason Alperstein as a 2017 Rising Star
- Six Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Robbins Geller Partners Spencer Burkholz and Jason Forge Named Top Plaintiff Lawyers
- Daily Journal Names Three Robbins Geller Partners as Top Women Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation Names Robbins Geller Partners Daniel Pfefferbaum, Maureen Mueller and Jason Alperstein to Its Under 40 Hotlist
- The Legal 500 Ranks Robbins Geller Tier 1 and Individually Recognizes 14 Attorneys
- Lawdragon Highlights Partner Paul Geller in Lawyer Limelight Series
- Robbins Geller Earns Top Spot for Third Consecutive Year
- L-3 Investors Soar in $34.5 Million Securities Class Action Recovery