The Right Choice
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP (“Robbins Geller” or the “Firm”) specializes in complex litigation emphasizing securities, corporate mergers and acquisitions, shareholder derivative, whistleblower, antitrust, consumer and insurance class actions. The Firm’s unparalleled experience and capabilities in these fields are based on the talents of its attorneys, who have successfully prosecuted thousands of class action lawsuits.
The Firm is widely recognized as a leading law firm worldwide. Judges have described Robbins Geller as one of the most formidable securities law firms in the country. With 200 lawyers in 9 offices nationwide, the Firm has the resources, experience and tenacity to achieve superior results.
Robbins Geller attorneys have shaped the law in the area of securities litigation and shareholder rights, and have recovered tens of billions of dollars on behalf of the Firm’s clients. Robbins Geller’s record of success includes some of the largest recoveries in history:
- Largest consumer class action recovery: $17+ billion (Volkswagen)
- Largest securities class action recovery: $7.2 billion (Enron)
- Largest antitrust class action recovery: $5.5 billion (Visa/Mastercard)
- Largest securities class action recovery following a trial: $1.575 billion (HSBC/Household Int’l)
- Largest pharmaceutical securities class action recovery: $1.21 billion (Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.)*
- Largest stock option backdating recovery: $925 million (UnitedHealth Group)
- Largest opt-out (non-class) securities action recovery: $657 million (WorldCom)
- Largest privacy class action settlement: $650 million (Facebook, Inc.)*
- Largest RMBS purchaser class action recovery: $500 million (Countrywide)
- Largest personal contributions by individual defendants in a securities class action recovery: $237.5 million of $1.025 billion total recovery (American Realty Capital Properties, Inc.)
- Largest merger & acquisition class action recovery: $200 million (Kinder Morgan)
The depth and breadth of Robbins Geller’s resources are extensive, permitting the Firm to achieve exceptional results. With hundreds of highly skilled attorneys and employees, including forensic accountants, economists, damage analysts, investigators, paralegals, database programmers and computer security experts, Robbins Geller is able to give the highest level of attention and professionalism to each case and client.
Robbins Geller has the skill and experience to litigate even the most complex and demanding cases. As sole lead counsel in cases such as Enron, Household International and UnitedHealth, the Firm was able to litigate independently and successfully. The Firm’s securities team includes dozens of former federal and state prosecutors and trial attorneys, and a top-tier appellate group whose collective work has established numerous legal precedents beneficial to investors.
Robbins Geller has been trusted to represent more institutional investors in securities and corporate litigation than any other law firm in the United States. The Firm advises hundreds of institutional investors, including public and multi-employer pension funds, fund managers, banks and insurance companies with more than $4 trillion in assets. To help monitor and protect these funds, Robbins Geller created the Portfolio Monitoring Program® to detect and protect against fraud. This monitoring program is performed by an exclusive in-house team of two dozen analysts, accountants, and other professionals providing comprehensive monitoring of securities, bonds, and other investments.
Robbins Geller has a long history of achieving record-breaking recoveries and precedent-setting decisions for defrauded shareholders and consumers. The Firm also works hard to enforce corporate governance changes, helping to improve the financial markets for investors worldwide.
For more information about Robbins Geller, contact us or call (800) 449-4900.
*pending court approval
- $1.575BillionRecoveryHousehold International, Inc.
- $1.025BillionRecoveryAmerican Realty Capital Properties, Inc.
- $925MillionRecoveryUnitedHealth Group Inc.
- $629MillionRecoveryAOL Time Warner
- $600MillionRecoveryCardinal Health
- $590.5MillionRecoveryBain Capital Partners
- $388MillionRecoveryJ.P. Morgan
- $272MillionRecoveryGoldman Sachs MBS
- $215MillionRecoveryHCA Holdings
- $200MillionRecoveryKinder Morgan