We succeed for our clients not just by doing our best. We succeed because we do what is necessary.
Stuart Davidson is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. His practice focuses on complex consumer class actions, including cases involving deceptive and unfair trade practices, privacy and data breach issues, and antitrust violations.
He has served as class counsel in some of the nation’s most significant privacy and consumer cases, including: In re Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation, No. 3:15-cv-03747-JD (N.D. Cal.) ($650 million recovery in a cutting-edge class action concerning Facebook’s alleged privacy violations through its collection of user’s biometric identifiers without informed consent); In re Yahoo! Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 5:16-md-02752-LHK (N.D. Cal.) ($117.5 million recovery in the largest data breach in history); Kehoe v. Fidelity Federal Bank & Trust, No. 9:03-cv-80593-DTKH (S.D. Fla.) ($50 million recovery in Driver’s Privacy Protection Act case on behalf of half-a-million Florida drivers against a national bank); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 3:11-md-02258-AJB-MDD (S.D. Cal.) (settlement valued at $15 million concerning the massive data breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network); and In re Solara Medical Supplies Data Breach Litigation, No. 3:19-cv-02284-H-KSC (S.D. Cal.) ($5 million all-cash settlement for victims of healthcare data breach).
Stuart currently serves as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re American Medical Collection Agency, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 2:19-md-02904-MCA-MAH (D.N.J.) (representing class of LabCorp customers), Garner v. Amazon.com, Inc., No. 2:21-cv-00750-RSL (W.D. Wash.) (alleging Amazon’s illegal wiretapping through Alexa-enabled devices), and In re American Financial Resources, Inc. Data Breach Litigation, No. 2:22-cv-01757-MCA-JSA (D.N.J.), and on Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in In re Lakeview Loan Servicing Data Breach Litigation, No. 1:22-cv-20955-DPG (S.D. Fla.).
Stuart also spearheaded several aspects of In re EpiPen (Epinephrine Injection, USP) Marketing, Sales Practices & Antitrust Litigation, No. 2:17-md-02785-DDC-TJJ (D. Kan.) ($609 million total recovery achieved weeks prior to trial in certified class action alleging antitrust claims involving the illegal reverse payment settlement to delay the generic EpiPen, which allowed the prices of the life-saving EpiPen to rise over 600% in 9 years), served as Co-Lead Class Counsel in three cases brought against Genworth Life Insurance Company on behalf of long-term care insureds, Skochin v. Genworth Life. Ins. Co., No. 3:19-cv-00049-REP (E.D. Va.); Halcom v. Genworth Life Ins. Co., No. 3:21-cv-00019-REP (E.D. Va.); and Haney v. Genworth Life Ins. Co., No. 3:22-cv-00055-REP (E.D. Va.), recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in cash damages for policyholders, and served as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litigation, No. 0:14-md-02551-SRN-BRT (D. Minn.) (representing retired National Hockey League players in multidistrict litigation suit against the NHL regarding injuries suffered due to repetitive head trauma and concussions), and in In re Pet Food Products Liability Litigation, No. 1:07-cv-02867-NLH-AMD (D.N.J.) ($24 million recovery in multidistrict consumer class action on behalf of thousands of aggrieved pet owners nationwide against some of the nation’s largest pet food manufacturers, distributors, and retailers). He also served as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re UnitedGlobalCom, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, C.A. No. 1012-VCS (Del. Ch.) ($25 million recovery weeks before trial); In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, No. 16-2011-CA-010616 (Fla. Cir. Ct.) ($11.5 million recovery for former Winn-Dixie shareholders following the corporate buyout by BI-LO); and In re AuthenTec, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, No. 5-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. Cir. Ct.) ($10 million recovery for former AuthenTec shareholders following a merger with Apple). The latter two cases are the two largest merger and acquisition recoveries in Florida history.
Stuart is a former lead assistant public defender in the Felony Division of the Broward County, Florida Public Defender’s Office. During his tenure at the Public Defender’s Office, he tried over 30 jury trials and defended individuals charged with major crimes ranging from third-degree felonies to life and capital felonies. He has been quoted in numerous major media outlets regarding his cases, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, New York Daily News, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Boston Globe, the Miami Herald, The Globe & Mail, and Law360, and is a frequent speaker at conferences involving class action practice and procedure.
Stuart has been honored in the category of Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Practice at the American Antitrust Institute’s Antitrust Enforcement Awards. He has also been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, a Leading Lawyer in America, a Leading Litigator in America, a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, and a Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer by Lawdragon, one of “Florida’s Most Effective Lawyers” by American Law Media’s Daily Business Review, and a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100-Civil Plaintiffs. He has also been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine. He is a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group 11 Brainstorming Group, focusing on the California Consumer Protection Act. Stuart currently serves on the 2023 Consumer Protection Editorial Advisory Board for Law360.
Stuart earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the State University of New York at Geneseo. Stuart earned a Juris Doctor degree from the Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude in the top 3% of his class. While in law school he was the Associate Editor for the Nova Law Review and was the recipient of Book Awards (highest grade) in Trial Advocacy, International Law, and Criminal Pretrial Practice.
- Leading Litigator in America, Lawdragon, 2024
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2023
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2020-2023
- Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2022-2023
- Leading Lawyer in America, Lawdragon, 2023
- Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice, American Antitrust Institute, 2022
- Named a Florida Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2021-2022
- Named one of “Florida’s Most Effective Lawyers” in the Privacy category by American Law Media, 2020
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., 1996, summa cum laude
- Graduated in the top 3% of his class
- Associate Editor, Nova Law Review
- Recipient of Book Awards (highest grade) in Trial Advocacy, International Law, and Criminal Pretrial Practice
State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 1993, Political Science
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- September 14, 2023
- May 30, 2023
- February 27, 2023
- February 15, 2023
- January 19, 2023
- October 12, 2022
- October 10, 2022
- Law360: Despite Throwing Up “Every Hurdle in the Book,” Maker of EpiPen Faces “Day of Reckoning” in Antitrust SuitDecember 16, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- Rite Aid Loses Bid to Force Arbitration of Generic Drug Price Fraud Claims in Ninth Circuit Victory Robbins Geller Obtained for ConsumersMay 26, 2021
- “Landmark” $650 Million Settlement in Facebook Biometric Class Action Approved as a “Major Win” for Consumers in the Area of Digital PrivacyFebruary 26, 2021
- Daily Business Review Commends Robbins Geller Team for Achieving Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement in the Cutting-Edge Facebook Privacy CaseDecember 8, 2020
- November 2, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- Robbins Geller Tags Facebook in Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement of Privacy Biometric LawsuitAugust 20, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- Robbins Geller Partner Stuart Davidson Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in American Medical Collection Agency Data Hack LitigationNovember 8, 2019
- September 6, 2018
- If You Purchased Gasoline from a Valero Station in the State of California and Paid with a Debit Card, a Class Action Lawsuit May Affect Your RightsAugust 30, 2018
- Robbins Geller Tapped to Protect Consumers in Separate MDLs Against Chip Maker Intel and Its Rival AMDJune 19, 2018
- Robbins Geller and Hagens Berman File Comprehensive Multi-State Class Action Lawsuit Against Equifax for Massive Data BreachSeptember 22, 2017
- Robbins Geller Founding Partner Paul Geller Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in EpiPen Multidistrict LitigationSeptember 13, 2017
- February 10, 2017
- Member, Law360 2023 Consumer Protection Editorial Advisory Board
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Sedona Conference Working Group 11 Brainstorming Group
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The 5th Annual Western Alliance Bank Class Action Law ForumTM, in collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law: Notice, Damages, and Class Certifications (Mar. 15, 2023)
- The Duke Law Bolch Judicial Institute, Third Annual Mass-Tort MDL Certificate Program, Discovery in MDLs (Nov. 16, 2021)
- Guest Lecture, Class Actions and Multi-Party Litigation, University of Baltimore School of Law (Nov. 3, 2021)
The 3rd Annual Western Alliance Bank Class Action Law ForumTM, in collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law: Consumer Class Actions (Apr. 21, 2021)
National Consumer Law Center’s Consumer Rights Litigation Conference and Class Action Symposium 2020: Utilizing Technology in Consumer Class Actions (Nov. 12, 2020)
- Strafford CLE Webinar, Sports-Related Class Actions: Navigating the Minefield of Class Certification and Federal Labor Laws (Nov. 15, 2018)
- HB Litigation Conferences’ Consumer Class Actions: Attorneys’ Fees, San Juan, Puerto Rico (May 5, 2016)
- HB Litigation Conferences’ Data Breach & Privacy Litigation Conference 2016: Recent Settlements and the Picture They Paint, San Francisco, California (Feb. 11, 2016)