We succeed for our clients not just by doing our best. We succeed because we do what is necessary.
Stuart Davidson is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. His practice focuses on complex consumer class actions, including cases involving deceptive and unfair trade practices, privacy and data breach issues, and antitrust violations.
Stuart has served as class counsel in some of the nation’s most significant privacy cases, including: In re Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation, No. 3:15-cv-03747-JD (N.D. Cal.) ($650 million recovery (pending approval), a cutting-edge class action concerning Facebook’s alleged privacy violations through its collection of user’s biometric identifiers without informed consent); In re Yahoo! Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 5:16-md-02752-LHK (N.D. Cal.) ($117.5 million recovery in the largest data breach in history); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 3:11-md-02258-AJB-MDD (S.D. Cal.) (settlement valued at $15 million concerning the massive data breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network); and Kehoe v. Fidelity Federal Bank & Trust, No. 9:03-cv-80593-DTKH (S.D. Fla.) ($50 million recovery in Driver’s Privacy Protection Act case on behalf of half-a-million Florida drivers against a national bank).
Stuart currently serves as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re American Medical Collection Agency, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, No. 2:19-md-02904-MCA-MAH (D.N.J.) (representing class of LabCorp customers), on Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Intel Corp. CPU Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, No. 3:18-md-02828-SI (D. Or.) (representing class of Intel CPU purchasers based on serious security vulnerabilities – including those known as “Spectre” and “Meltdown” – that infect nearly all of Intel’s x86 processors manufactured and sold since 1995), and spearheads several aspects of In re EpiPen (Epinephrine Injection, USP) Marketing, Sales Practices & Antitrust Litigation, No. 2:17-md-02785-DDC-TJJ (D. Kan.) (representing certified class for RICO and antitrust claims involving the illegal monopolization of the epinephrine auto-injector market, which allowed the prices of the life-saving EpiPen to rise over 600% in 9 years).
Stuart also served as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litigation, No. 0:14-md-02551-SRN-BRT (D. Minn.) (representing retired National Hockey League players in multidistrict litigation suit against the NHL regarding injuries suffered due to repetitive head trauma and concussions), and in In re Pet Food Products Liability Litigation, No. 1:07-cv-02867-NLH-AMD (D.N.J.) ($24 million recovery in multidistrict consumer class action on behalf of thousands of aggrieved pet owners nationwide against some of the nation’s largest pet food manufacturers, distributors, and retailers). He also served as Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel in In re UnitedGlobalCom, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, C.A. No. 1012-VCS (Del. Ch.) ($25 million recovery weeks before trial); In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, No. 16-2011-CA-010616 (Fla. Cir. Ct.) ($11.5 million recovery for former Winn-Dixie shareholders following the corporate buyout by BI-LO); and In re AuthenTec, Inc. Shareholder Litigation, No. 5-2012-CA-57589 (Fla. Cir. Ct.) ($10 million recovery for former AuthenTec shareholders following a merger with Apple). The latter two cases are the two largest merger and acquisition recoveries in Florida history.
Some of Stuart’s notable cases include: In re EpiPen (Epinephrine Injection, USP) Mktg., Sales Pracs. & Antitrust Litig., No. 17-md-2785-DDC-TJJ, 2020 WL 1180550 (D. Kan. Mar. 10, 2020); In re Solara Med. Supplies, LLC Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., No. 3:19-cv-2284-H-KSC, 2020 WL 2214152 (S.D. Cal. May 7, 2020); Gardner v. Starkist Co., 418 F. Supp. 3d 443 (N.D. Cal. 2019); Skochin v. Genworth Life Ins. Co., 413 F. Supp. 3d 473 (E.D. Va. 2019); Patel v. Facebook, Inc., 932 F.3d 1264 (9th Cir. 2019); Dolan v. JetBlue Airways Corp., 385 F. Supp. 3d 1338 (S.D. Fla. 2019); Stafford v. Rite Aid Corp., No. 3:17-cv-1340-AJB-JLB, 2018 WL 4680043 (S.D. Cal. Sept. 28, 2018); Dent v. NFL, 902 F.3d 1109 (9th Cir. 2018); Friedman v. AARP, Inc., 283 F. Supp. 3d 873 (C.D. Cal. 2018); In re Yahoo! Inc. Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., No. 16-MD-02752-LHK, 2017 WL 3727318 (N.D. Cal. Aug. 30, 2017); Friedman v. AARP, Inc., 855 F.3d 1047 (9th Cir. 2017); Evans v. Ariz. Cardinals Football Club LLC, No. C 16-01030 WHA, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 86207 (N.D. Cal. July 1, 2016); In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., 189 F. Supp. 3d 856 (D. Minn. 2016); In re NHL Players’ Concussion Injury Litig., MDL No. 14-2551 (SRN), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 38755 (D. Minn. Mar. 25, 2015); Dumont v. Litton Loan Servicing, LP, No. 12 Civ. 2677 (ER), 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 29787 (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 11, 2015); Lesti v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 960 F. Supp. 2d 1311 (M.D. Fla. 2013); In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., 903 F. Supp. 2d 942 (S.D. Cal. 2012); In re Clorox Consumer Litig., 894 F. Supp. 2d 1224 (N.D. Cal. 2012); In re Compellent Techs, Inc. S’holder Litig., No. 6084-VCL, 2011 WL 6382523 (Del. Ch. Dec. 9, 2011); All Family Clinic of Daytona Beach, Inc. v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 448 F. App’x 906 (11th Cir. 2011); In re Pet Food Prods. Liab. Litig., 629 F.3d 333 (3d Cir. 2010); Penzer v. Transp. Ins. Co., 605 F.3d 1112 (11th Cir. 2010); Penzer v. Transp. Ins. Co., 29 So. 3d 1000 (Fla. 2010); Frankle v. Best Buy Stores, L.P., 609 F. Supp. 2d 841 (D. Minn. 2009); In re NationsRent Rental Fee Litig., No. 06-60924-CIV, 2009 WL 636188 (S.D. Fla. Feb. 24, 2009); Neighborhood Health P’ship, Inc. v. Peter F. Merkle, M.D., P.A., 8 So. 3d 1180 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2009); Tampa Serv. Co. v. Hartigan, 966 So. 2d 465 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2007); Kehoe v. Fid. Fed. Bank & Trust, 421 F.3d 1209 (11th Cir. 2005); and In re JCC Holding Co. S’holder Litig., 843 A.2d 713 (Del. Ch. 2003).
Stuart is a former lead assistant public defender in the Felony Division of the Broward County, Florida Public Defender’s Office. During his tenure at the Public Defender’s Office, he tried over 30 jury trials and defended individuals charged with major crimes ranging from third-degree felonies to life and capital felonies. He has been quoted in numerous major media outlets regarding his cases, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, New York Daily News, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Boston Globe, the Miami Herald, The Globe & Mail, and Law360, and is a frequent speaker at conferences involving class action practice and procedure.
Stuart has been named a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon. He is a member of the Sedona Conference Working Group 11 Brainstorming Group, focusing on the California Consumer Protection Act and defining and measuring damages under the U.S. privacy laws. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the State University of New York at Geneseo. Stuart earned a Juris Doctor degree from the Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude in the top 3% of his class. While in law school he was the Associate Editor for the Nova Law Review and was the recipient of Book Awards (highest grade) in Trial Advocacy, International Law, and Criminal Pretrial Practice.
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2020
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., 1996, summa cum laude
- Graduated in the top 3% of his class
- Associate Editor, Nova Law Review
- Recipient of Book Awards (highest grade) in Trial Advocacy, International Law, and Criminal Pretrial Practice
State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., 1993, Political Science
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- August 25, 2020
- Robbins Geller Tags Facebook in Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement of Privacy Biometric LawsuitAugust 20, 2020
- February 28, 2020
- Robbins Geller Partner Stuart Davidson Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in American Medical Collection Agency Data Hack LitigationNovember 8, 2019
- September 6, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- If You Purchased Gasoline from a Valero Station in the State of California and Paid with a Debit Card, a Class Action Lawsuit May Affect Your RightsAugust 30, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- July 11, 2018
- Robbins Geller Tapped to Protect Consumers in Separate MDLs Against Chip Maker Intel and Its Rival AMDJune 19, 2018
- Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Win Class Certification in Facebook Biometric Information Privacy CaseApril 17, 2018
- October 5, 2017
- Robbins Geller and Hagens Berman File Comprehensive Multi-State Class Action Lawsuit Against Equifax for Massive Data BreachSeptember 22, 2017
- Robbins Geller Founding Partner Paul Geller Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in EpiPen Multidistrict LitigationSeptember 13, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- February 10, 2017
- August 16, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- July 1, 2015
- March 26, 2015
- September 3, 2014
- July 5, 2014
- June 30, 2014
- July 12, 2013
- April 17, 2013
- October 17, 2011
- Member, Sedona Conference Working Group 11 Brainstorming Group
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Strafford CLE Webinar, Sports-Related Class Actions: Navigating the Minefield of Class Certification and Federal Labor Laws (Nov. 15, 2018)
- HB Litigation Conferences’ Consumer Class Actions: Attorneys’ Fees, San Juan, Puerto Rico (May 5, 2016)
- HB Litigation Conferences’ Data Breach & Privacy Litigation Conference 2016: Recent Settlements and the Picture They Paint, San Francisco, California (Feb. 11, 2016)