Our team of trial attorneys allows us to take a case all the way and get the best results for shareholders.
Robert Henssler is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where he focuses his practice on securities fraud and other complex civil litigation. He has obtained significant recoveries for investors in cases such as Enron, Blackstone, and CIT Group. Bobby is currently a key member of the team of attorneys prosecuting fraud claims against Goldman Sachs stemming from Goldman’s conduct in subprime mortgage transactions (including “Abacus”).
Most recently, Bobby and a team of Robbins Geller attorneys obtained a $1.21 billion settlement in In re Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc. Sec. Litig., a case that Vanity Fair reported as “the corporate scandal of its era” that had raised “fundamental questions about the functioning of our health-care system, the nature of modern markets, and the slippery slope of ethical rationalizations.” This is the largest securities class action settlement against a pharmaceutical manufacturer and the ninth largest ever.
Bobby was also lead counsel in Schuh v. HCA Holdings, Inc., which resulted in a $215 million recovery for shareholders, the largest securities class action recovery ever in Tennessee. The recovery achieved represents more than 30% of the aggregate classwide damages, far exceeding the typical recovery in a securities class action. Bobby also led the litigation teams in Marcus v. J.C. Penney Company, Inc. ($97.5 million recovery), Landmen Partners Inc. v. The Blackstone Group L.P. ($85 million recovery), In re Novatel Wireless Sec. Litig. ($16 million recovery), Carpenters Pension Trust Fund of St. Louis v. Barclays PLC ($14 million settlement), and Kmiec v. Powerwave Technologies, Inc. ($8.2 million settlement), to name a few.
Before joining the Firm, Bobby served as a Federal Public Defender for three years in the Southern District of California. He tried cases before the United States District Court and briefed and argued numerous appeals before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. While at Federal Defenders, Bobby worked on various types of criminal cases, including financial fraud, narcotics trafficking, and alien smuggling. He obtained extensive trial experience at Federal Defenders, including a not guilty verdict and a hung jury.
Bobby has been named a Plaintiffs’ Lawyer Trailblazer by The National Law Journal, a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, and a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon. Bobby received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from the University of New Hampshire and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2020-2021
- Plaintiffs’ Lawyer Trailblazer, The National Law Journal, 2020
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2018-2019
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- June 22, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- Rite Aid Loses Bid to Force Arbitration of Generic Drug Price Fraud Claims in Ninth Circuit Victory Robbins Geller Obtained for ConsumersMay 26, 2021
- May 21, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- December 7, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- June 3, 2020
- Robbins Geller Partners Sam Rudman, Spence Burkholz, Willow Radcliffe, and Bobby Henssler Named 2020 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers by The National Law JournalApril 27, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- December 30, 2019
- September 27, 2019
- August 14, 2018
- January 12, 2018
- July 28, 2017
- Robbins Geller Obtains Class Certification in Goldman Sachs Securities Class Action, the Firm’s Seventh Post-Halliburton Class Certification VictorySeptember 25, 2015
- August 30, 2013