Our team of trial attorneys allows us to take a case all the way and get the best results for shareholders.
Bobby Henssler is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where he focuses his practice on securities fraud and other complex civil litigation. He has obtained significant recoveries for investors in cases such as Enron, Blackstone and CIT Group. Henssler is currently a key member of the team of attorneys prosecuting fraud claims against Goldman Sachs stemming from Goldman’s conduct in subprime mortgage transactions (including “Abacus”).
Most recently, Henssler served on the litigation team for Schuh v. HCA Holdings, Inc., which resulted in a $215 million recovery for shareholders, the largest securities class action recovery ever in Tennessee. The recovery achieved approximately 70% of classwide damages, which as a percentage of damages significantly exceeds the median class action recovery of 2%-3% of damages. Henssler was also part of the litigation teams for Marcus v. J.C. Penney Company, Inc. ($97.5 million recovery); Landmen Partners Inc. v. The Blackstone Group L.P. ($85 million recovery); In re Novatel Wireless Sec. Litig. ($16 million recovery); Carpenters Pension Trust Fund of St. Louis v. Barclays PLC ($14 million settlement); and Kmiec v. Powerwave Technologies, Inc. ($8.2 million settlement).
Prior to joining the Firm, Henssler served as a Federal Public Defender for three years in the Southern District of California. He tried cases before the United States District Court and briefed and argued numerous appeals before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. While at Federal Defenders, Henssler worked on various types of criminal cases, including financial fraud, narcotics trafficking and alien smuggling. He obtained extensive trial experience at Federal Defenders, including a not guilty verdict and a hung jury.
Henssler has been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from the University of New Hampshire and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2018
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- June 13, 2018
- May 30, 2018
- January 31, 2018
- January 12, 2018
- September 12, 2017
- July 28, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- March 13, 2017
- May 17, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- Robbins Geller Obtains Class Certification in Goldman Sachs Securities Class Action, the Firm’s Seventh Post-Halliburton Class Certification VictorySeptember 25, 2015
- Robbins Geller Obtains Class Certification on Behalf of Barclays Investors in LIBOR Securities Class ActionAugust 21, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- January 17, 2014
- October 23, 2013
- October 16, 2013
- August 30, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- June 4, 2013
- March 7, 2013
- July 19, 2012
- June 21, 2012
- April 19, 2012
- March 14, 2012
- November 23, 2011