There is no substitute for diligence.
Tor Gronborg is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. He often lectures on topics such as the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and electronic discovery. Tor has served as lead or co-lead counsel in numerous securities fraud cases that have collectively recovered more than $4.4 billion for investors. Most recently, Tor and a team of Robbins Geller attorneys obtained an $809 million settlement in In re Twitter, Inc. Sec. Litig., a case that did not settle until the day before trial was set to commence.
In addition to Twitter, Tor’s work has included significant recoveries against corporations such as Valeant Pharmaceuticals ($1.21 billion), Cardinal Health ($600 million), Motorola ($200 million), Duke Energy ($146.25 million), Sprint Nextel Corp. ($131 million), and Prison Realty ($104 million), to name a few. Tor was also a member of the Firm’s trial team in Hsu v. Puma Biotechnology, Inc., No. SACV15-0865 (C.D. Cal.), a securities fraud class action that resulted in a verdict in favor of investors after a two-week jury trial and ultimately settled for 100% of the claimed damages plus prejudgment interest.
On three separate occasions, Tor’s pleadings have been upheld by the federal Courts of Appeals (Broudo v. Dura Pharms., Inc., 339 F.3d 933 (9th Cir. 2003), rev’d on other grounds, 544 U.S. 336 (2005); In re Daou Sys., 411 F.3d 1006 (9th Cir. 2005); Staehr v. Hartford Fin. Servs. Grp., 547 F.3d 406 (2d Cir. 2008)).
Tor has been named a Plaintiffs’ Lawyer Trailblazer by The National Law Journal, as well as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine for the last nine consecutive years. He has also been named a Leading Lawyer in America and a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon, a Best Lawyer in America by Best Lawyers®, and a West Trailblazer by The American Lawyer.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Berkeley, where he was a member of the Moot Court Board.
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers®, 2022-2023
- West Trailblazer, The American Lawyer, 2022
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2019-2022
- Leading Lawyer in America, Lawdragon, 2022
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2021
- Plaintiffs’ Lawyer Trailblazer, The National Law Journal, 2019
University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall, J.D., 1995
- Member, Moot Court Board
University of Lancaster, United Kingdom, 1992
- Graduate work in International Relations and Strategic Studies
- Rotary International Fellowship
University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., 1991
- Recipient, AFL-CIO History Scholarship
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- November 23, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- Partners Daniel Drosman and Tor Gronborg Recognized as 2022 West Trailblazers by The American LawyerAugust 16, 2022
- September 28, 2021
- Litigators of the Week: Motley Rice and Robbins Geller Land an $809M Securities Settlement From TwitterSeptember 24, 2021
- On the Eve of Jury Trial, Twitter Pays $809 million in Securities Fraud Case Prosecuted by Robbins GellerSeptember 20, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Jury Verdict Finding Puma Biotechnology and CEO Alan Auerbach Committed Securities Fraud Results in Damages Three to Six Times Higher Than the Company ClaimedSeptember 8, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Claims Process Now Open for Class Members to Claim Full Monetary Damages Against Puma Biotechnology, Inc. and Alan H. Auerbach for Federal Securities Fraud ViolationsSeptember 30, 2019
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Plaintiff’s Verdict in Securities Class Action Trial Against Puma Biotechnology, Inc. and Its Ceo, Alan H. AuerbachFebruary 4, 2019
- April 19, 2017
- November 3, 2015
- August 12, 2015
- March 31, 2015
- January 17, 2015
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Opening of Chicago Office and Recovery of $200 Million for Motorola ShareholdersFebruary 2, 2012
- December 14, 2011