Marco Janoski is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. His practice focuses on complex securities litigation and class actions.
An experienced litigator, Marco has secured record-setting recoveries for investors, including trial verdicts and large recoveries secured on the eve of trial.
Most recently, he served on the Firm’s trial team in In re Twitter, Inc. and helped secure an $809.5 million recovery for investors. The Twitter case settled the day before trial was set to commence and is the largest securities fraud class action recovery in the Ninth Circuit in the last decade. Marco also served on the Firm’s trial team in Hsu v. Puma Biotechnology, Inc., a securities fraud class action that resulted in a verdict in favor of investors after a two-week jury trial in federal court. Likewise, he and a Firm team secured a $350 million settlement on the eve of trial in Smilovits v. First Solar, Inc., the fifth-largest PSLRA settlement ever recovered in the Ninth Circuit at the time.
Marco has been named a Leading Litigator in America and a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon. He is a member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association, the Hispanic National Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Federal Bar Association, San Diego Chapter.
Marco is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and was named to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Marco was an award-winning oralist for Hastings’ Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Team and served on the Executive Board of Hastings’ La Raza Law Students Association. At his graduation from Hastings, Marco was honored for Outstanding Achievement in Pro Bono for his work assisting Spanish-speaking clients at the San Francisco Bar Association’s Legal Advice and Referral Clinic.
- Leading Litigator in America, Lawdragon, 2024
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2023
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Production Editor, Hastings Law Journal
- CALI/Witkin Award for Highest Grade in Class: Contracts, Constitutional Law I, International Law, Appellate Advocacy, Advanced Topics in International Law, and Sales and Leases of Goods
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2011
Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2010-2011
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- September 27, 2023
- September 14, 2023
- September 14, 2023
- July 13, 2023
- May 30, 2023
- April 3, 2023
- January 23, 2023
- November 23, 2022
- Litigators of the Week: Motley Rice and Robbins Geller Land an $809M Securities Settlement From TwitterSeptember 24, 2021
- On the Eve of Jury Trial, Twitter Pays $809 million in Securities Fraud Case Prosecuted by Robbins GellerSeptember 20, 2021
- Robbins Geller Obtains Ninth Circuit Decision Vacating District Court’s Judgment Dismissing Complaint Against Google and AlphabetJune 16, 2021
- January 20, 2021
- December 7, 2020
- July 13, 2020
- November 20, 2019
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Plaintiff’s Verdict in Securities Class Action Trial Against Puma Biotechnology, Inc. and Its Ceo, Alan H. AuerbachFebruary 4, 2019
- Member, Federal Bar Association, San Diego Chapter
- Member, California Bar Association, San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice