Erika Oliver is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where her practice focuses on complex securities litigation. Erika’s current cases include representing individual-action plaintiffs in securities fraud cases against Perrigo (D.N.J.), Teva (D. Conn.), Allergan (D.N.J.), and Mylan (S.D.N.Y.). Most recently, Erika and Luke Brooks defeated defendants’ motion to dismiss securities fraud claims arising from purchases on Israel’s Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in In re Teva Sec. Litig. (D. Conn.). Erika was also on teams of Robbins Geller attorneys that obtained a $19.75 million recovery in In re Banc of California Sec. Litig. (C.D. Cal.), defeated motions to dismiss in Evanston Police Pension Fund v. McKesson Corp. (N.D. Cal.) and Ramirez v. Exxon Mobil Corp. (N.D. Tex.), and obtained class certification in In re Novo Nordisk Sec. Litig. (D.N.J.).
Erika has been named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch list and the Southern California Ones to Watch list by Best Lawyers®. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from San Diego State University, graduating cum laude. She thereafter earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude and was named to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Erika served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Gonzalo P. Curiel and the Honorable Michael M. Anello, both of the Southern District of California. Erika also worked as an Executive Editor for the San Diego Law Review and received CALI Awards for earning the highest grades in Federal Courts, Corporations, Advanced Legal Research, Legal Writing, and Lawyering Skills I. Upon graduation, Erika was recognized for her pro bono work in the Appellate Clinic, through which she argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Erika was a summer associate with Robbins Geller in 2014. She returned to the Firm following her judicial clerkship with the Honorable Anthony J. Battaglia of the Southern District of California.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021-2022
- Best Lawyer in Southern California: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor, San Diego Law Review
San Diego State University, B.S., 2009, cum laude
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- August 19, 2021
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Named as 2021 Southern California Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers by Best Lawyers®November 16, 2020
- 6 Robbins Geller Female Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List and 11 Attorneys Recognized as Best LawyersAugust 20, 2020
- January 31, 2020
- Robbins Geller Defeats Motion to Dismiss in McKesson Generic Drug Price-Fixing Securities Fraud SuitOctober 31, 2019
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Subcommittee, Securities Litigation Committee, ABA Section of Litigation, American Bar Association, 2018-present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Danielle S. Myers & Erika Oliver, SEC’s Recent Focus on Reforming Rule 10b5-1 Plans to Counteract Potential Abuse Long Overdue, ABA Class Actions & Derivative Suits Journal (Sept. 17, 2021)
- Danielle Myers & Erika Oliver, Making the Case for Continued Virtual Proceedings and Depositions in a Post-COVID World, ABA Securities Litigation Journal (Aug. 4, 2021)
Erika Oliver, Ninth Circuit Weighs In on the Proper Use of Judicial Notice and Incorporation by Reference, American Bar Association, Oct. 31, 2018
Erika Oliver, Researching Jurors on the Internet: The Ills of Putting Jurors on Trial and the Need to Shift the Focus Back to the Defendant, 34 U. La Verne L. Rev. 251 (2013)