Thomas E. Egler
Our firm works hard to recover fraud losses for investors, and we will spend the time and resources necessary.
Tom Egler is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and focuses his practice on representing clients in major complex, multidistrict litigations, such as Lehman Brothers, Countrywide Mortgage Backed Securities, WorldCom, AOL Time Warner and Qwest. He has represented institutional investors both as plaintiffs in individual actions and as lead plaintiffs in class actions.
Egler also serves as a Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference from the Southern District of California, and in the past has served on the Executive Board of the San Diego chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. He has been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Prior to joining the Firm, Egler was a law clerk to the Honorable Donald E. Ziegler, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University and his Juris Doctor degree from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where he served as Associate Editor for the Catholic University Law Review.
- Super Lawyer, 2017
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Associate Editor for the Catholic University Law Review from 1994-1995
Northwestern University, B.A., 1989
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- December 14, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- November 9, 2015
- March 5, 2015
- January 17, 2014
- December 6, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Countrywide to Pay $500 Million to Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities CaseApril 17, 2013