Thomas E. Egler
“Our firm works hard to recover fraud losses for investors, and we will spend the time and resources necessary.”
Tom Egler specializes in prosecuting major securities fraud cases, having litigated WorldCom, AOLTimeWarner and Qwest Communications International, among others.
Tom Egler is a partner in the Firm’s San Diego office and focuses his practice on representing clients in major securities fraud cases such as Lehman Brothers, Countrywide Mortgage Backed Securities, WorldCom, AOL Time Warner and Qwest. He has represented institutional investors both as plaintiffs in individual actions and as lead plaintiffs in class actions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Egler was a law clerk to the Honorable Donald E. Ziegler, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University and his Juris Doctor degree from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where he served as Associate Editor for Catholic University Law Review. He also serves as a Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference from the Southern District of California, and in the past has served on the Executive Board of the San Diego chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer, 2017
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Associate Editor for Catholic University Law Review from 1994-1995
Northwestern University, B.A., 1989
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania