Our firm works hard to recover fraud losses for investors, and we will spend the time and resources necessary.
Thomas Egler is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and focuses his practice on representing clients in major complex, multidistrict litigations, such as Lehman Brothers, Countrywide Mortgage Backed Securities, WorldCom, AOL Time Warner, and Qwest. He has represented institutional investors both as plaintiffs in individual actions and as lead plaintiffs in class actions.
Most recently, along with co-counsel and a team of Robbins Geller attorneys, Tom led the effort on behalf of cities and counties around the country in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation. In 2022, Tom served on the team of counsel in a federal bench trial in San Francisco in a case that had been selected as a bellwether in the multidistrict litigation. The team achieved combined settlements of nearly $70 million for San Francisco and more than $50 billion nationally from multiple pharmaceutical companies who were defendants in the national litigation. The Honorable Charles R. Breyer of the Northern District of California ruled that Walgreens, the only defendant remaining in the San Francisco case, was liable for its role in the opioid crisis in San Francisco.
Tom also has been a Lawyer Representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference from the Southern District of California, is a member of the Hon. William B. Enright Inn of Court in San Diego, and in the past has served on the Executive Board of the San Diego chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. He has been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine and a Best Lawyer in America by Best Lawyers®.
Before joining the Firm, Tom was a law clerk to the Honorable Donald E. Ziegler, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University and his Juris Doctor degree from Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where he served as Associate Editor for the Catholic University Law Review.
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers®, 2024
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017-2018
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Associate Editor for the Catholic University Law Review from 1994-1995
Northwestern University, B.A., 1989
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Achieve Nearly $230 Million Settlement with Walgreens for its Role in Opioid Epidemic in San FranciscoMay 26, 2023
- Daily Journal Honors Robbins Geller and the San Francisco Opioids Litigation Team with 2023 CLAY AwardApril 24, 2023
- “‘Rapid-Fire Five-Dimensional Chess’”: Partner Aelish Baig Discusses Recent “Landmark Victory” with Law360September 2, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- On the Eve of Closing Arguments in Opioid Trial, Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Strike Historic $58 Million Settlement for the City and County of San FranciscoJuly 13, 2022
- Paul Geller and Leadership Committee Honored as “Litigators of the Week” Upon Announcement of Historic $26 Billion Settlement in Opioid LitigationJuly 23, 2021
- June 30, 2019
- October 8, 2018
- A Country Under Siege: Robbins Geller Continues to Lead the Fight Against the Nationwide Opioid CrisisAugust 10, 2018
- August 7, 2018
- May 9, 2018
- May 4, 2018
- December 14, 2017
- December 6, 2013
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Countrywide to Pay $500 Million to Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities CaseApril 17, 2013