Debra J. Wyman
“We are tenacious, never yielding to even the most powerful of opponents, and thus we achieve greater results for investors.”
Debra Wyman has secured over $1 billion in recoveries for victims of securities fraud through aggressive lawyering and thorough preparation of her cases.
Debra Wyman is a partner in the Firm’s San Diego office. She specializes in securities litigation and has litigated numerous cases against public companies in state and federal courts that have resulted in over $1 billion in securities fraud recoveries.
Wyman was a member of the trial team in Schuh v. HCA Holdings, Inc., which resulted in a $215 million recovery for shareholders, the largest securities class action recovery ever in Tennessee. The recovery achieved approximately 70% of classwide damages, far exceeding the typical recovery in a securities class action.
Wyman prosecuted the complex securities and accounting fraud case In re HealthSouth Corp. Sec. Litig., one of the largest and longest-running corporate frauds in history, in which $671 million was recovered for defrauded HealthSouth investors. She was also part of the trial team that litigated In re AT&T Corp. Sec. Litig., which was tried in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, and settled after only two weeks of trial for $100 million. Most recently, Wyman was part of the litigation team that secured a $64 million recovery for Dana Corp. shareholders in Plumbers & Pipefitters National Pension Fund v. Burns, in which the Firm’s Appellate Practice Group successfully appealed to the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals twice, reversing the district court’s dismissal of the action.
Wyman has been named a Top Women Lawyer by the Daily Journal, a Litigator of the Year by Our City San Diego, and has been a Super Lawyer for the past two consecutive years. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Irvine and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
California Bar Association
San Diego County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Top Women Lawyer, Daily Journal, 2017
- Litigator of the Year, Our City San Diego, 2017
- Super Lawyer, 2016-2017
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1997
University of California, Irvine, B.A., 1990
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- February 28, 2017
- November 10, 2015
- February 20, 2013
Awards & Recognition
- Darren Robbins, Michael Dowd, Jason Forge and Debra Wyman Named Litigators of the Year
- Daily Journal Names Three Robbins Geller Partners as Top Women Lawyers
- 29 Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected as San Diego Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2017
- 35 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers Magazine