The Firm’s unwavering commitment to hold the powerful to account drives our exceptional record of success.
Christopher Wood is the partner in charge of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Nashville office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. He has been a member of the litigation teams responsible for recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for investors, including: In re Massey Energy Co. Sec. Litig. ($265 million recovery); In re VeriFone Holdings, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($95 million recovery); Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. ($65 million recovery); Grae v. Corrections Corporation of America ($56 million recovery); In re Micron Tech., Inc. Sec. Litig. ($42 million recovery); Jackson Cnty. Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Ghosn ($36 million recovery); and Winslow v. BancorpSouth, Inc. ($29.5 million recovery).
Working together with the ACLU of Tennessee and Public Funds Public Schools (a national campaign founded by the Southern Poverty Law Center and Education Law Center), Chris is litigating an action challenging Tennessee’s school voucher program, which diverts critically needed funds from public school students in Nashville and Memphis. Chris has also provided pro bono legal services through Tennessee Justice for Our Neighbors, Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts, the Ninth Circuit’s Pro Bono Program, and the San Francisco Bar Association’s Volunteer Legal Services Program.
Chris has been named to the Benchmark Litigation 40 & Under Hot List, Super Lawyers Magazine list of Rising Stars, and has been listed as a Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch by Best Lawyers®. At the University of San Francisco School of Law, Chris was awarded a Moot Court brief writing award, several examination awards, and served as the Symposium Editor of the University of San Francisco Law Review. During law school, Chris served as a law clerk with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Summer Honors Program, Enforcement Division. He also served as a judicial extern in the San Francisco Superior Court.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2023
- 40 & Under Hot List, Benchmark Litigation, 2021
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011-2013, 2015-2020
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2003
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- August 18, 2022
- July 30, 2021
- January 20, 2021
- December 30, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- November 20, 2019
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- December 28, 2016
- January 17, 2015
- June 4, 2014
- February 28, 2014
- October 26, 2012