I have brought to the Firm skills that I honed as a federal prosecutor trying felony drug cases.
Scott Saham is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. He is licensed to practice law in both California and Michigan.
Most recently, Scott was a member of the litigation team that obtained a $125 million settlement in In re LendingClub Securities Litigation, a settlement that ranks among the top ten largest securities recoveries ever in the Northern District of California. He was also part of the litigation teams in Schuh v. HCA Holdings, Inc., which resulted in a $215 million recovery for shareholders, the largest securities class action recovery ever in Tennessee, and Luna v. Marvell Tech. Grp., Ltd., which resulted in a $72.5 million settlement that represents approximately 24% to 50% of the best estimate of classwide damages suffered by investors. He also served as lead counsel prosecuting the Pharmacia securities litigation in the District of New Jersey, which resulted in a $164 million recovery. Additionally, Scott was lead counsel in the In re Coca-Cola Sec. Litig. in the Northern District of Georgia, which resulted in a $137.5 million recovery after nearly eight years of litigation. He also obtained reversal from the California Court of Appeal of the trial court’s initial dismissal of the landmark Countrywide mortgage-backed securities action. This decision is reported as Luther v. Countrywide Fin. Corp., 195 Cal. App. 4th 789 (2011), and following this ruling that revived the action the case settled for $500 million.
Before joining the Firm, Scott served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of California, where he tried over 20 felony jury trials.
Scott received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Michigan Law School.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1995
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1992
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- August 15, 2019
- AmLaw Litigation Daily Names Robbins Geller “The Real Winner” Behind the Walmart Bribery Scandal SettlementJune 25, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- Robbins Geller Scores Final Approval of “Exceptional” $160 Million Settlement in Securities Class Action Against Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.April 10, 2019
- Walmart and the City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement System Reach Settlement in Securities Class ActionOctober 26, 2018
- October 2, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- July 17, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- April 24, 2018
- October 30, 2017
- October 23, 2017
- May 17, 2017
- The AmLaw Litigation Daily Interviews Darren Robbins on Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Success and What Is Next in Securities LitigationMay 23, 2016
- May 17, 2016
- November 10, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- September 22, 2014
- January 17, 2014
- December 6, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- April 26, 2013
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Countrywide to Pay $500 Million to Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities CaseApril 17, 2013
- April 19, 2012
- February 24, 2012