Michael Albert is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation.
Michael has helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars for investors in securities cases, including: City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement Systems v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. ($160 million recovery), In re LendingClub Securities Litigation ($125 million recovery), and NECA-IBEW Health & Welfare Fund v. Goldman Sachs & Co. ($272 million recovery). Michael was also recently part of the litigation team that obtained an $85 million settlement in a consumer class action against Scotts Miracle-Gro.
In addition to actively litigating cases, Michael is also a member of the Firm’s Lead Plaintiff Advisory Team, which evaluates clients’ exposure to securities fraud, advises them on lead plaintiff motions, and helps secure their appointment as lead plaintiff.
Michael graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. During law school, he volunteered with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, receiving an award for his pro bono contributions. Michael has continued to take on pro bono work while at the Firm, and has recently received an award from the California Lawyers Association in connection with his successful representation of an indigent client in a child guardianship trial in the Superior Court of California.
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Managing Board Member, Virginia Tax Review
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 2010
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Robbins Geller Defeats Motion to Dismiss in McKesson Generic Drug Price-Fixing Securities Fraud SuitOctober 31, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- AmLaw Litigation Daily Names Robbins Geller “The Real Winner” Behind the Walmart Bribery Scandal SettlementJune 25, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- Robbins Geller Scores Final Approval of “Exceptional” $160 Million Settlement in Securities Class Action Against Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.April 10, 2019
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- Walmart and the City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement System Reach Settlement in Securities Class ActionOctober 26, 2018
- October 2, 2018
- October 23, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- May 17, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- Darren Robbins, James Jaconette & Michael Albert, After Cyan: Creative Lawyering Can’t Displace Clear Statute, Law360, Mar. 26, 2018.