The Firm’s human capital, resources and long-term focus facilitates superior outcomes for our institutional investor clients and class members.
Michael Albert is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. Michael is a member of the Firm’s Lead Plaintiff Advisory Team, which advises institutional investors in connection with lead plaintiff motions, and assists them in securing appointment as lead plaintiff. He is also part of the Firm’s SPAC Task Force, which is dedicated to rooting out and prosecuting fraud on behalf of injured investors in special purpose acquisition companies.
Michael has been a member of litigation teams that have successfully recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for investors in securities class actions, including: NECA-IBEW Health & Welfare Fund v. Goldman Sachs & Co. ($272 million recovery), City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement Systems v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. ($160 million recovery), and In re LendingClub Securities Litigation ($125 million recovery). Michael was also a member of the litigation team that recently obtained a $85 million cash settlement in a consumer class action against Scotts Miracle-Gro.
Michael has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine and a Leading Litigator in America by Lawdragon and has been included in the 500 X - The Next Generation Lawdragon guide. During law school, he was Managing Board Member of the Virginia Tax Review, and volunteered with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, receiving an award for his pro bono contributions. Michael has continued to take on pro bono work while at the Firm, and has recently received an award from the California Lawyers Association in connection with his successful representation of an indigent client in a child guardianship trial in the Superior Court of California.
- Leading Litigator in America, Lawdragon, 2024
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2020-2023
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 2010
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- September 14, 2023
- July 13, 2023
- January 20, 2022
- Robbins Geller Obtains Ninth Circuit Decision Vacating District Court’s Judgment Dismissing Complaint Against Google and AlphabetJune 16, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- Robbins Geller Defeats Motion to Dismiss in McKesson Generic Drug Price-Fixing Securities Fraud SuitOctober 31, 2019
- AmLaw Litigation Daily Names Robbins Geller “The Real Winner” Behind the Walmart Bribery Scandal SettlementJune 25, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- Robbins Geller Scores Final Approval of “Exceptional” $160 Million Settlement in Securities Class Action Against Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.April 10, 2019
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- Walmart and the City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement System Reach Settlement in Securities Class ActionOctober 26, 2018
- October 2, 2018
- May 3, 2016
- Darren Robbins, James Jaconette & Michael Albert, After Cyan: Creative Lawyering Can’t Displace Clear Statute, Law360, Mar. 26, 2018.