As an investigative journalist, I learned how to tell a compelling story. As a lawyer, I help you prove it.
Dennis Herman is Of Counsel at Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Francisco office, where he focuses his practice on securities class actions. He has led or been significantly involved in the prosecution of numerous securities fraud claims that have resulted in substantial recoveries for investors. His cases have included settled actions against Massey Energy Co. ($265 million), Coca-Cola Company ($137 million), VeriSign Corp. ($78 million), Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. ($65 million), St. Jude Medical, Inc. ($50 million), NorthWestern Corp. ($40 million), BancorpSouth, Inc. ($29.5 million), America Service Group, Inc. ($15 million), Specialty Laboratories, Inc. ($12 million), Stellent, Inc. ($12 million), and Threshold Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ($10 million).
Previously, Dennis practiced for ten years in Denver, Colorado, where he had a general commercial litigation practice and litigated many fraud and other tort claims cases, as well as a wide variety of cases involving contract claims, land use disputes, environmental issues, inter-governmental disputes, voting rights, and intellectual property disputes. He is admitted to practice in both California and Colorado (inactive), and is a member of the bar of the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits, as well as the bars of the United States District Courts for Colorado and the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California.
Dennis has been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine and has been selected as a Best Lawyer in America and a Northern California Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers®. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Syracuse University. Dennis earned his Juris Doctor degree from Stanford Law School, where he received the Order of the Coif and the Urban A. Sontheimer Award for graduating second in his class. Before attending law school, Dennis was an award-winning investigative newspaper reporter and editor in California and Connecticut.
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers®, 2018-2023
- Northern California Best Lawyer, Best Lawyers®, 2018-2021
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017-2018
Stanford Law School, J.D., 1992
- Order of the Coif
- Urban A. Sontheimer Award for graduating second in his class
Syracuse University, B.S., 1982
- Colorado (inactive)
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- August 18, 2022
- August 19, 2021
- November 6, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- 6 Robbins Geller Female Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List and 11 Attorneys Recognized as Best LawyersAugust 20, 2020
- January 29, 2020
- January 14, 2020
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Names Robbins Geller a Best Law Firm in America for the Eighth Consecutive YearNovember 1, 2019
- July 17, 2018
- November 1, 2017
- June 15, 2015
- January 17, 2015
- June 4, 2014