An unwavering focus on shareholder rights and our commitment to excellence makes the Firm an inspiring place to practice law.
Danielle Myers is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and focuses her practice on complex securities litigation. Danielle is one of the partners who oversees the Portfolio Monitoring Program® and provides legal recommendations to the Firm’s institutional investor clients on their options to maximize recoveries in securities litigation, both within the United States and internationally, from inception to settlement. She is also part of Robbins Geller’s SPAC Task Force, which is dedicated to rooting out and prosecuting fraud on behalf of injured investors in special purpose acquisition companies.
Danielle advises the Firm’s clients in connection with lead plaintiff applications and has helped secure appointment of the Firm’s clients as lead plaintiff and the Firm’s appointment as lead counsel in hundreds of securities class actions, which cases have yielded more than $4 billion for investors, including 2018-2021 recoveries in In re Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 3:15-cv-07658 (D.N.J.) ($1.2 billion); In re Am. Realty Cap. Props., Inc. Litig., No. 1:15-mc-00040 (S.D.N.Y.) ($1.025 billion); Smilovits v. First Solar, Inc., No. 2:12-cv-00555 (D. Ariz.) ($350 million); City of Pontiac Gen. Ret. Sys. v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., No. 5:12-cv-5162 (W.D. Ark.) ($160 million); Evellard v. LendingClub Corp., No. 3:16-cv-02627 (N.D. Cal.) ($125 million); Knurr v. Orbital ATK, Inc., No. 1:16-cv-01031 (E.D. Va.) ($108 million); and Marcus v. J.C. Penney Co., Inc., No. 6:13-cv-00736 (E.D. Tex.) ($97.5 million).
Danielle has been named a Future Star by Benchmark Litigation and Leading Lawyer by The Legal 500. In addition, Danielle was named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch list and Southern California Ones to Watch list by Best Lawyers®.
Danielle is a frequent lecturer on securities fraud, including recent engagements at the ABA 2019 Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference, the Georgia Association of Public Pension Trustees Sixth Annual Trustee School, and the 5th Annual Western Regional CLE Program on Class Actions and Mass Torts. In October 2020, Danielle was a guest lecturer at UC Berkeley School of Law on Securities Litigation: The Plaintiff’s Perspective.
While at the University of San Diego, Danielle was a member of the San Diego Law Review and received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021-2022
- Leading Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2020-2021
- Best Lawyer in Southern California: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2019-2020
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2017-2019
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2019
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2018
- “Five Associates to Watch in 2012,” Daily Journal
- Institutional Investor Services
University of San Diego, J.D., 2008
- Member, San Diego Law Review
- Received a CALI Excellence Award in Statutory Interpretation
University of California at San Diego, B.A., 1997
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (General Bar)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- October 6, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- May 24, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Named as 2021 Southern California Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers by Best Lawyers®November 16, 2020
- 6 Robbins Geller Female Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List and 11 Attorneys Recognized as Best LawyersAugust 20, 2020
- Robbins Geller Ranked Tier 1 Firm and Several Partners Named Leading Lawyers and Next Generation Lawyers by The Legal 500June 11, 2020
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- December 28, 2016
- ABA Section of Litigation, Securities Litigation Committee, Class Actions Subcommittee Co-Chair 2017-current
- Member, American Bar Association
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- UC Berkeley School of Law, Securities Litigation: The Plaintiff'’s Perspective, Berkeley, California, October 2020
- San Diego County Bar Association, Annual Business & Corp Updates, Annual Securities Key Take-Aways, San Diego, California, October 2019
2019 ABA Section of Litigation Annual Conference, Recent Trends in Securities Litigation, New York, New York, May 2019
Georgia Association of Public Pension Trustees, Sixth Annual Trustee School, Securities Litigation Update: A Panel Discussion, Athens, Georgia, March 2019
- ABA 5th Annual Western Regional CLE Program on Class Actions and Mass Torts: The Proliferation of Class Action Opt-Out Litigation: Prosecuting, Defending, and Settling Direct Actions, San Francisco, California, June 22, 2018
- UC Berkeley School of Law, Securities Litigation: The Plaintiff’s Perspective, Berkeley, California, March 2018
- 2017 ABA Women in Litigation Joint Conference, Latest Developments in Securities Class Action Litigation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 16, 2017
2017 ABA National Institute on US-Canadian Securities Litigation, Securities Class Action Update – Trends in the U.S. and Canada, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, October 4, 2017
- Danielle S. Myers & Erika Oliver, SEC’s Recent Focus on Reforming Rule 10b5-1 Plans to Counteract Potential Abuse Long Overdue, ABA Class Actions & Derivative Suits Journal (Sept. 17, 2021)
- Danielle Myers & Erika Oliver, Making the Case for Continued Virtual Proceedings and Depositions in a Post-COVID World, ABA Securities Litigation Journal (Aug. 4, 2021)
Danielle S. Myers, Conflicting ESG Considerations: New NASDAQ Diversity Listing Requirements and DOL Rule Curbing Socially Conscious ERISA Proxy Votes, ABA Securities Litigation Journal (Apr. 1, 2021)