Christopher Lyons is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Nashville office. He focuses his practice on representing institutional and individual investors in merger-related class action litigation and in complex securities litigation.
Chris has been a significant part of litigation teams that have achieved substantial recoveries for investors. Notable cases include Good Technology ($52 million recovered for investors in a privately held technology company), Calamos Asset Management (up to $30 million recovered), and BancorpSouth ($13 million recovered). His pro bono work includes representing individuals who are appealing denial of necessary medical benefits by TennCare (Tennessee’s Medicaid program), through the Tennessee Justice Center.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Chris practiced at a prominent Delaware law firm, where he mostly represented officers and directors defending against breach of fiduciary duty claims in the Delaware Court of Chancery and in the Delaware Supreme Court. Before that, he clerked for Vice Chancellor J. Travis Laster of the Delaware Court of Chancery. Chris now applies the expertise he gained from those experiences to help investors uncover wrongful conduct and recover the money and other remedies to which they are rightfully entitled.
Chris has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Colorado College, with Distinction in International Political Economy and a minor in Asian Studies. Chris earned his Juris Doctor degree from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he served on the Vanderbilt Law Review and presented briefing and argument to the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces as part of the Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2018-2020
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2010, Law & Business Certificate
- Colorado College, B.A., 2006, with Distinction in International Political Economy
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- December 1, 2020
- November 20, 2019
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Jerry Martin, Christopher Wood, and Christopher Lyons Named 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for the Mid-South RegionNovember 5, 2019
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Jerry Martin, Christopher Wood and Christopher Lyons Named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for the Mid-South RegionNovember 8, 2018
- Robbins Geller Defeats Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss in Corrections Corporation of America LitigationDecember 19, 2017
- August 29, 2017
- April 29, 2016