Jerry Martin is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Nashville office. He specializes in representing individuals who wish to blow the whistle to expose fraud and abuse committed by federal contractors, health care providers, tax cheats or those who violate the securities laws.
Martin was a member of the litigation team that obtained a $65 million recovery in Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc., the third largest securities recovery ever in the Middle District of Tennessee and the largest in more than a decade.
Prior to joining the Firm, Martin served as the presidentially appointed United States Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee from May 2010 to April 2013. As U.S. Attorney, he made prosecuting financial, tax and health care fraud a top priority. During his tenure, Martin co-chaired the Attorney General’s Advisory Committee’s Health Care Fraud Working Group.
Martin has been recognized as a national leader in combatting fraud and has addressed numerous groups and associations, such as Taxpayers Against Fraud and the National Association of Attorney Generals, and was a keynote speaker at the American Bar Association’s Annual Health Care Fraud Conference.
Martin has been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Dartmouth College, with honors, and obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Stanford Law School.
- Super Lawyer, 2016-2017
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1999
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1996
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Robbins Geller Represents Whistleblowers in $30 Million Settlement Between the U.S. Department of Justice and Signature HealthcareJune 11, 2018
- Robbins Geller’s Jerry Martin and Christopher Wood Named 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyer and Rising StarNovember 8, 2017
- June 29, 2017
- November 8, 2016
- April 1, 2016
- March 5, 2015
- January 17, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- July 12, 2013
- April 4, 2013