Taeva Shefler is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Francisco office and focuses her practice on consumer fraud and whistleblower litigation. Along with other Robbins Geller attorneys, Taeva is currently working on behalf of cities and counties around the country in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Taeva spent years representing whistleblowers in cases alleging fraud against federal and state governments in the areas of environmental cleanup, government contracting, and healthcare, including representing the relator in a case against UnitedHealthGroup, Inc. alleging over $2 billion in false claims in relation to its Medicare Advantage programs (United States of America ex rel. Benjamin Poehling v. UnitedHealthGroup, Inc., No. CV 16-08697 (C.D. Cal.)). She has also represented public and private water suppliers in mass tort cases alleging contamination of drinking water due to the use of toxic chemicals in agricultural areas across California.
Taeva is a member of the San Francisco Bar Association and, through its Justice and Diversity Center, has taken a pro bono case on behalf of an incarcerated self-litigant alleging constitutional violations while in prison. She has been selected by Northern California’s Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star and has been included in the 500 X - The Next Generation Lawdragon guide. She has also been listed as a Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch by Best Lawyers®.
Taeva earned her Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude from the University of Oregon Clark Honors College. She received distinguished honors for successfully completing and defending a linguistics thesis. Taeva received her Juris Doctor degree cum laude from New York University School of Law. While in law school, Taeva competed on the Moot Court Team, served as the Treasurer for the Public Interest Law Foundation, and was awarded the Eric Dean Bender Convocation Prize for her commitment to public service.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2024
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022-2023
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- University of Oregon Clark Honors College, B.A., 2007, magna cum laude
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- July 13, 2023
- Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Achieve Nearly $230 Million Settlement with Walgreens for its Role in Opioid Epidemic in San FranciscoMay 26, 2023
- Robbins Geller Helps Secure Historic $235 Million Settlement with Altria in National Youth E-Cigarette CasesMay 22, 2023
- “‘Rapid-Fire Five-Dimensional Chess’”: Partner Aelish Baig Discusses Recent “Landmark Victory” with Law360September 2, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- On the Eve of Closing Arguments in Opioid Trial, Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Strike Historic $58 Million Settlement for the City and County of San FranciscoJuly 13, 2022