Our hard-earned reputation for excellence is in evidence whenever I appear before courts to request approval of a case resolution.
Ellen Stewart is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, and is a member of the Firm’s Summer Associate Hiring Committee. She currently practices in the Firm’s settlement department, negotiating and documenting complex securities, merger, ERISA, and derivative action settlements.
Notable settlements include: In re Facebook Biometric Info. Privacy Litig. (N.D. Cal. 2021) ($650 million); KBC Asset Management v. 3D Systems Corp. (D.S.C. 2018) ($50 million); Luna v. Marvell Tech. Grp. (N.D. Cal. 2018) ($72.5 million); Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. (M.D. Tenn. 2015) ($65 million); and City of Sterling Heights Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys v. Hospira, Inc. (N.D. Ill. 2014) ($60 million).
Ellen has served on the Federal Bar Association Ad Hoc Committee for the revisions to the Settlement Guidelines for the Northern District of California and was a contributor to the Guidelines and Best Practices – Implementing 2018 Amendments to Rule 23 Class Action Settlement Provisions manual of the Bolch Judicial Institute at the Duke University School of Law.
Ellen has received the Distinguished certification by Martindale-Hubbell. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Muhlenberg College and a Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University.
- Rated Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Litigation Services
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., 1986
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Recruiting a New Generation — Partner Debra Wyman in The National Law Journal on Recruiting Strategy for the Plaintiffs’ BarJanuary 24, 2022
- December 2, 2021
- “Landmark” $650 Million Settlement in Facebook Biometric Class Action Approved as a “Major Win” for Consumers in the Area of Digital PrivacyFebruary 26, 2021
- December 22, 2020
- Daily Business Review Commends Robbins Geller Team for Achieving Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement in the Cutting-Edge Facebook Privacy CaseDecember 8, 2020
- Robbins Geller Tags Facebook in Record-Breaking $650 Million Settlement of Privacy Biometric LawsuitAugust 20, 2020