Our hard-earned reputation for excellence is in evidence whenever I appear before courts to request approval of a case resolution.
Ellen Stewart is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. She currently practices in the Firm’s settlement department, negotiating and documenting complex securities, merger, ERISA and derivative action settlements.
Notable settlements include: Landmen Partners Inc. v. The Blackstone Grp. L.P. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($85 million); Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. (M.D. Tenn. 2015) ($65 million); City of Sterling Heights Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys v. Hospira, Inc. (N.D. Ill. 2014) ($60 million); and The Board of Trustees of the Operating Engineers Pension Trust v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (S.D.N.Y. 2013) ($23 million).
Stewart earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Muhlenberg College and a Juris Doctor degree from Case Western Reserve University.
- Peer-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Litigation Services
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1989
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., 1986
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado