We aggressively pursue allegations of securities fraud with the highest levels of professional ethics.
Trig Smith is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office where he focuses his practice on complex securities litigation. He has been involved in the prosecution of numerous securities class actions that have resulted in over a billion dollars in recoveries for investors. His cases have included: In re Cardinal Health, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($600 million recovery); Jones v. Pfizer Inc. ($400 million recovery); Silverman v. Motorola, Inc. ($200 million recovery); and City of Livonia Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Wyeth ($67.5 million). Most recently, he was a member of the Firm’s trial team in Hsu v. Puma Biotechnology, Inc., a securities fraud class action that resulted in a verdict in favor of investors after a two-week jury trial.
Trig received a Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science degree from the University of Colorado. He has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in America by Best Lawyers®. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School where he was a member of the Brooklyn Journal of International Law, which published his note entitled: The S.E.C. and Foreign Private Issuers, 26 Brook. J. Int’l L. 765 (2000).
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers®, 2024
Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2000
- Member, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
University of Colorado, Denver, M.S., 1997
University of Colorado, Denver, B.S., 1995
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- April 21, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- July 31, 2020
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Plaintiff’s Verdict in Securities Class Action Trial Against Puma Biotechnology, Inc. and Its Ceo, Alan H. AuerbachFebruary 4, 2019
- July 30, 2015
- February 13, 2015
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Opening of Chicago Office and Recovery of $200 Million for Motorola ShareholdersFebruary 2, 2012
- December 14, 2011