Daniel J. Pfefferbaum
We are relentless in our efforts to reveal the truth and recover damages for defrauded investors large and small.
Daniel Pfefferbaum is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Francisco office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. He has been a member of litigation teams that have recovered more than $100 million for investors, including: Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Sols., Inc. ($65 million recovery); In re PMI Grp., Inc. Sec. Litig. ($31.25 million recovery); Cunha v. Hansen Natural Corp. ($16.25 million recovery); In re Accuray Inc. Sec. Litig. ($13.5 million recovery); and Twinde v. Threshold Pharm., Inc. ($10 million recovery).
Pfefferbaum was a member of the litigation team that secured a historic recovery on behalf of Trump University students in two class actions against President Donald J. Trump. The settlement provides $25 million to approximately 7,000 consumers. This result means individual class members will be eligible for upwards of $35,000 in restitution. He represented the class on a pro bono basis.
Pfefferbaum has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s Top Litigator Under 40 list and its Future Star list, as well as the Daily Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 list for 2017, all of which honor exceptional partners aged 40 or younger for the high quality of their litigation work. He was also selected by Northern California’s Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in the area of securities litigation for the years 2013-2017.
Pfefferbaum earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Pomona College and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he earned an Intellectual Property Certificate, with Honors, with a focus on trademark and copyright law, and served as a member of the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin. Pfefferbaum also received a Master of Laws in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2018
- Top Litigator Under 40, Benchmark Litigation, 2016-2017
- Top 40 Under 40, Daily Journal, 2017
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2013-2017
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2006
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2007
- Pomona College, B.A., 2002
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of
- October 31, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- Benchmark Litigation Names Robbins Geller Partners Daniel Pfefferbaum, Maureen Mueller and Jason Alperstein to Its Under 40 HotlistAugust 2, 2017
- July 28, 2017
- July 7, 2017
- April 12, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Court Approval of $25 million Settlement in Trump University CaseMarch 31, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP's Pro Bono Representation Yields Historic Recovery on Behalf of Trump University StudentsNovember 18, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation Continues to “Highly Recommend” Robbins Geller as One of the Top Plaintiffs Firms in America and Commends 8 Partners as Stars and Top LitigatorsOctober 21, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation Names Partners Lucas Olts and Daniel Pfefferbaum to its Inaugural Under 40 Hot ListAugust 8, 2016
- Four Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016July 11, 2016
- Three Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2015July 7, 2015
- March 5, 2015
- January 17, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- August 8, 2014
- July 5, 2014
- April 30, 2014
- April 16, 2014