Benny C. Goodman III
We will not yield in our efforts to give shareholders a powerful voice against faithless fiduciaries.
Benny Goodman is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. He primarily represents plaintiffs in shareholder actions on behalf of aggrieved corporations.
Goodman has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in shareholder derivative actions pending in state and federal courts across the nation. Most recently, he led a team of lawyers in litigation brought on behalf of Community Health Systems, Inc., resulting in a $60 million payment to the company, the largest recovery in a shareholder derivative action in Tennessee and the Sixth Circuit, as well as best in class value enhancing corporate governance reforms that included two shareholder nominated directors to the Community Health Board of Directors.
Similarly, Goodman recovered a $25 million payment to Lumber Liquidators and numerous corporate governance reforms, including a shareholder nominated director, in In re Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. S’holder Derivative Litig. In In re Google Inc. S’holder Derivative Litig., Goodman achieved groundbreaking corporate governance reforms designed to mitigate regulatory and legal compliance risk associated with online pharmaceutical advertising, including among other things, the creation of a $250 million fund to help combat rogue pharmacies from improperly selling drugs online.
Goodman has been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500. As an active member of the San Diego community, he supports numerous formal and informal programs to promote the education and training of younger lawyers. Goodman earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University and a Juris Doctor degree from University of San Diego.
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2017
- University of San Diego, J.D., 2000
- Arizona State University, B.S, 1994
- District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh and D.C. Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- May 31, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- January 31, 2017
- January 19, 2017
- Travis E. Downs III, Benny C. Goodman III, Jay P. Lefkowitz, Erik W. Luedeke, Darren J. Robbins & Matthew Solum, Chapter 4: Mediation Submissions by Plaintiffs and Defendants, in Financial Services Mediation Answer Book 4-1 (Layn R. Phillips et al. ed., 2017)