The Firm is unwavering in its commitment to fighting for defrauded investors.
Robert Gerson is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Melville office, where he practices securities fraud litigation and other complex matters.
Since joining the Firm, Rob has played a significant role in prosecuting numerous high-stakes investor litigations. Most recently, Rob was a key member of the team representing a class of shareholders in the Dell Class V Stockholders Litigation, which settled for $1 billion in cash – a record in the Delaware Chancery Court and the largest settlement in U.S. state court history.
Other notable cases Rob has played a critical role in at the Firm include: UA Local 13 & Employers Group Insurance Fund v. Sealed Air Corp. ($12.5 million recovery); In re PPDAI Group Securities Litigation ($9 million recovery); and Sponn v. Emergent BioSolutions Inc. ($6.5 million recovery).
Rob has been recognized as a Super Lawyer and a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for the New York Metro area numerous times and has also been listed as a Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch by Best Lawyers®. He has also been included in the 500 X - The Next Generation Lawdragon guide.
Rob is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of New York, as well as the United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Eighth Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maryland and his Juris Doctor degree from New York Law School, where he was a member of the Moot Court Association.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2024
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2021-2023
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2020
New York Law School, J.D., 2009
- Moot Court Association
University of Maryland, B.A., 2006
- New York
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Eighth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- October 16, 2023
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- August 3, 2023
- July 13, 2023
- February 26, 2020
- New York City Bar Association, Committee on Securities Litigation