Jeffrey Stein is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where he practices securities fraud litigation and other complex matters. He was a member of the litigation team that secured a historic recovery on behalf of Trump University students in two class actions against President Donald J. Trump. The settlement provides $25 million to approximately 7,000 consumers. This result means individual class members are eligible for upwards of $35,000 in restitution. He represented the class on a pro bono basis.
Before joining the Firm, Jeff focused on civil rights litigation, with special emphasis on the First, Fourth and Eighth Amendments. In this capacity, he helped his clients secure successful outcomes before the United States Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jeff earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from the University of Washington. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a teacher’s assistant for an advanced writing course and a member of the national mock trial team.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Washington, B.S., 2005
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- August 16, 2018
- April 4, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Court Approval of $25 million Settlement in Trump University CaseMarch 31, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP's Pro Bono Representation Yields Historic Recovery on Behalf of Trump University StudentsNovember 18, 2016