Daniel J. Pfefferbaum
- (415) 288-4534
We are relentless in our efforts to reveal the truth and recover damages for defrauded investors large and small.
Daniel Pfefferbaum is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Francisco office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. He has been a member of litigation teams that have recovered more than $250 million for investors, including: City of Westland Police & Fire Ret. Sys. v. Metlife Inc. ($84 million recovery); Garden City Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Psychiatric Sols., Inc. ($65 million recovery); In re PMI Grp., Inc. Sec. Litig. ($31.25 million recovery); Xiang v. Inovalon Holdings, Inc. ($17 million recovery); Cunha v. Hansen Natural Corp. ($16.25 million recovery); In re Accuray Inc. Sec. Litig. ($13.5 million recovery); Twinde v. Threshold Pharms., Inc. ($10 million recovery); In re Impax Labs. Inc. Sec. Litig. ($9 million recovery); and In re Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. ($6.8 million recovery).
Daniel was a member of the litigation team that secured a historic recovery on behalf of Trump University students in two class actions against President Donald J. Trump. The settlement provides $25 million to approximately 7,000 consumers. This result means individual class members are eligible for upwards of $35,000 in restitution. He represented the class on a pro bono basis.
Daniel has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List and its Future Star list, as well as the Daily Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 list for 2017, all of which honor exceptional partners aged 40 or younger for the high quality of their litigation work. He has also been selected by Northern California’s Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in the area of securities litigation.
Daniel earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Pomona College and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where he earned an Intellectual Property Certificate, with Honors, with a focus on trademark and copyright law, and served as a member of the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin. Daniel also received a Master of Laws in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2018-2020
- 40 & Under Hot List, Benchmark Litigation, 2016-2020
- Top 40 Under 40, Daily Journal, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2017
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2007
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Pomona College, B.A., 2002
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of
- March 31, 2021
- November 5, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- February 6, 2018
- April 4, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Court Approval of $25 million Settlement in Trump University CaseMarch 31, 2017
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP's Pro Bono Representation Yields Historic Recovery on Behalf of Trump University StudentsNovember 18, 2016
- January 17, 2015