Michael Capeci is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Melville office. His practice focuses on prosecuting complex securities and breach of fiduciary duty class actions, as well as shareholder derivative lawsuits.
Throughout his tenure with the Firm, Capeci has played an integral role in cases such as: Carpenters Pension Trust Fund of St. Louis v. Barclays PLC; City of Pontiac General Employees’ Retirement System v. Lockheed Martin Corporation; Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union No. 630 Pension-Annuity Trust Fund v. Arbitron Inc.; Billhofer v. Flamel Technologies, S.A.; In re Virgin Media Inc. Shareholders Litigation; and Allen v. El Paso Pipeline GP Company, L.L.C.
Capeci has been recognized for his legal work and has been named a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” for the New York Metro area for the past five consecutive years. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Villanova University and his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law. During law school, Capeci served as a Notes and Comments editor for Volume 38 of the Hofstra Law Review and published his student note, entitled SEC Rule 10b5-2: A Call for Revitalizing the Commission’s Efforts in the War on Insider Trading (37 Hofstra L. Rev. 805 (2009)). He also worked as an intern in the chambers of the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and worked as a summer associate for the Firm.
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2014-2018
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
- Villanova University, B.S., 2007
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- September 13, 2018
- September 20, 2017
- August 31, 2017
- September 21, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- September 16, 2015
- Robbins Geller Obtains Class Certification on Behalf of Barclays Investors in LIBOR Securities Class ActionAugust 21, 2015
- April 16, 2014
- Member, New York Bar Association