We approach every case with the same goal – to achieve the very best result for our clients and the class.
Michael Capeci is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Melville office. His practice focuses on prosecuting complex securities class action lawsuits in federal and state courts.
Throughout his tenure with the Firm, Michael has played an integral role in the teams prosecuting cases such as: In re BHP Billiton Ltd. Sec. Litig. ($50 million recovery); Galestan v. OneMain Holdings, Inc. ($9 million recovery); Carpenters Pension Tr. Fund of St. Louis v. Barclays PLC ($14 million recovery); City of Pontiac Gen. Emps.’ Ret. Sys. v. Lockheed Martin Corp. ($19.5 million recovery); and Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union No. 630 Pension-Annuity Tr. Fund v. Arbitron Inc. ($7 million recovery). Michael is currently prosecuting numerous cases in federal and state courts alleging violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Securities Act of 1933. Recently, Michael led the litigation team that achieved the first settlement of a 1933 Act claim in New York state court, In re EverQuote, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($4.75 million recovery), following the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark decision in Cyan, Inc. v. Beaver Cnty. Emps. Ret. Fund in 2018.
Michael has been recognized for his legal work and has been named a Super Lawyer and a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for the New York Metro area numerous times. He has also been included in the 500 X - The Next Generation Lawdragon guide. Michael received his Bachelor of Science degree from Villanova University and his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law. During law school, Michael served as a Notes and Comments editor for Volume 38 of the Hofstra Law Review and published his student note, entitled SEC Rule 10b5-2: A Call for Revitalizing the Commission’s Efforts in the War on Insider Trading (37 Hofstra L. Rev. 805 (2009)). He also worked as an intern in the chambers of the Honorable Arthur D. Spatt of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York and worked as a summer associate for the Firm. Michael has spent his entire career working at Robbins Geller to protect investors’ rights.
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022-2023
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2021
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
- Villanova University, B.S., 2007
- New York
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, and Sixth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- July 13, 2023
- Robbins Geller Secures Appellate Win After Supreme Court of New York Appellate Division Affirms Denial of Motion to Dismiss in Securities Class Action Against Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.April 30, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- April 11, 2019
- Member, New York Bar Association