It is very gratifying to be part of a firm where its driving mission is to help those harmed by corporate wrongdoing.
Jack Reise is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. Devoted to protecting the rights of those who have been harmed by corporate misconduct, his practice focuses on class action litigation (including securities fraud, shareholder derivative actions, consumer protection, antitrust, and unfair and deceptive insurance practices). Jack also dedicates a substantial portion of his practice to representing shareholders in actions brought under the federal securities laws. He is currently serving as lead counsel in more than a dozen cases nationwide.
Most recently, Jack and a team of Robbins Geller attorneys obtained a $1.21 billion settlement in In re Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc. Sec. Litig.‚ No. 3:15-cv-07658 (D.N.J.), a case that Vanity Fair reported as “the corporate scandal of its era” that had raised “fundamental questions about the functioning of our health-care system, the nature of modern markets, and the slippery slope of ethical rationalizations.” This is the largest securities class action settlement against a pharmaceutical manufacturer and the ninth largest ever.
As lead counsel, Jack has also represented investors in a series of cases involving mutual funds charged with improperly valuating their net assets, which settled for a total of more than $50 million. Other notable actions include: In re NewPower Holdings, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 02-CV-01550 (S.D.N.Y.) ($41 million settlement); In re ADT Inc. S’holder Litig. (Fla. Cir. Ct., 15th Jud. Cir.) ($30 million settlement); In re Red Hat, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 5:04-CV-473 (E.D.N.C.) ($20 million settlement); and In re AFC Enters., Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 1:03-CV-0817 (N.D. Ga.) ($17.2 million settlement).
Jack has been named a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon. Before joining the Firm, Jack represented individuals suffering the debilitating effects of asbestos exposure back in the 1950s and 1960s. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Binghamton University. He earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, where he was an Associate Editor on the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Book Award in Contracts.
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2019-2022
University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1995, cum laude
- Associate Editor, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Book Award in Contracts
Binghamton University, B.A., 1992
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- September 26, 2023
- Robbins Geller Helps Secure Historic $235 Million Settlement with Altria in National Youth E-Cigarette CasesMay 22, 2023
- May 21, 2021
- March 12, 2021
- August 25, 2020
- December 4, 2019
- June 4, 2014
- April 8, 2014