Christopher Gold is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. His practice focuses on merger and acquisition, securities fraud, and consumer fraud litigation.
Christopher is licensed to practice in Florida at both the state and the federal level and has worked on a number of notable cases, including: In re Sony Gaming Networks & Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig. (S.D. Cal.), involving the massive data breach of Sony’s PlayStation Network in 2011, which settled for benefits valued at $15 million; In re Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. S’holder Litig. (Fla. 4th Cir. Ct.), which recovered $9 million for former Winn-Dixie shareholders following the corporate buyout by BI-LO, the then-largest merger and acquisition recovery in Florida history; In re AuthenTec, Inc. S’holder Litig. (Fla. 18th Cir. Ct.), which settled for $10 million (a new Florida record) on behalf of the former shareholders of AuthenTec following a buyout by Apple, which incorporated AuthenTec’s fingerprint technology into the Apple iPhone; and Boland v. Gerdau S.A., et al. (S.D.N.Y.), which settled for $15 million.
Christopher has been recognized as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star.” He is fluent in Brazilian Portuguese. Christopher earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Lynn University and a Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law.
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2019
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2010
- Lynn University, B.S., Business, 2006
- United States District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- May 30, 2019
- September 5, 2018
- If You Purchased Gasoline from a Valero Station in the State of California and Paid with a Debit Card, a Class Action Lawsuit May Affect Your RightsAugust 30, 2018
- July 11, 2018
- Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Win Class Certification in Facebook Biometric Information Privacy CaseApril 17, 2018
- October 5, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- July 12, 2013
- April 17, 2013
- Portuguese (Brazilian)