Our track record of success is unsurpassed. No one holds corporate America more accountable than we do.
Arthur Leahy was a founding partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and a member of the Firm’s Management Committee. He has over 20 years of experience successfully litigating securities actions and derivative cases. Art has recovered well over two billion dollars for the Firm’s clients and has negotiated comprehensive pro-investor corporate governance reforms at several large public companies.
Most recently, Art helped secure a $272 million recovery on behalf of mortgage-backed securities investors in NECA-IBEW Health & Welfare Fund v. Goldman Sachs & Co. In the Goldman Sachs case, he helped achieve favorable decisions in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of investors of Goldman Sachs mortgage-backed securities and again in the Supreme Court, which denied Goldman Sachs’ petition for certiorari, or review, of the Second Circuit’s reinstatement of the plaintiff’s case. Art was also part of the Firm’s trial team in the AT&T securities litigation, which AT&T and its former officers paid $100 million to settle after two weeks of trial.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Art served as a judicial extern for the Honorable J. Clifford Wallace of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He also served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Alan C. Kay of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Art has received the AV Preeminent certification by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating available). He has been named a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon, a Top Lawyer in San Diego by San Diego Magazine, a Best Lawyer in America by Best Lawyers®, and Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine. Art is a member of the California Bar and has been admitted in numerous federal courts throughout the country. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business from Point Loma Nazarene University and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the San Diego Law Review.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers®, 2024
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2022
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2019-2021
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016-2017
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1990, cum laude
- Managing Editor of the Law Review
Point Loma Nazarene University, B.A., 1987
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- April 20, 2021
- August 25, 2020
- December 30, 2019
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- December 28, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- September 6, 2012
- Robbins Geller Announces that the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit Allows Claims in the Nomura Asset Mortgage-Backed Securities Litigation to ProceedFebruary 15, 2011