Our track record of success is unsurpassed. No one holds corporate America more accountable than we do.
Arthur Leahy is a founding partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and a member of the Firm’s Executive and Management Committees. He has over 20 years of experience successfully litigating securities actions and derivative cases. Art has recovered well over two billion dollars for the Firm’s clients and has negotiated comprehensive pro-investor corporate governance reforms at several large public companies.
Most recently, Art helped secure a $272 million recovery on behalf of mortgage-backed securities investors in NECA-IBEW Health & Welfare Fund v. Goldman Sachs & Co. In the Goldman Sachs case, he helped achieve favorable decisions in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of investors of Goldman Sachs mortgage-backed securities and again in the Supreme Court, which denied Goldman Sachs’ petition for certiorari, or review, of the Second Circuit’s reinstatement of the plaintiff’s case. Art was also part of the Firm’s trial team in the AT&T securities litigation, which AT&T and its former officers paid $100 million to settle after two weeks of trial.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Art served as a judicial extern for the Honorable J. Clifford Wallace of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He also served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Alan C. Kay of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii.
Art is a member of the California Bar and has been admitted in numerous federal courts throughout the country. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business from Point Loma Nazarene University and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the San Diego Law Review.
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2019
- Super Lawyer, 2016-2017
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1990, cum laude
- Managing Editor of the Law Review
Point Loma Nazarene University, B.A., 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- March 15, 2019
- Robbins Geller Appointed Lead Counsel and Laborers and Hotel Funds Appointed as Lead Plaintiff in Acadia Healthcare LitigationJanuary 10, 2019
- March 1, 2018
- March 21, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- December 28, 2016
- May 17, 2016
- May 3, 2016
- 31 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- November 9, 2015
- August 5, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- October 16, 2013
- Bringing Down the House: Court Rejects Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss in In re MGM Mirage Securities LitigationSeptember 26, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- April 26, 2013
- March 18, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- November 15, 2012
- September 6, 2012
- Robbins Geller Announces that the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit Allows Claims in the Nomura Asset Mortgage-Backed Securities Litigation to ProceedFebruary 15, 2011