As the son of a Teamster, nothing is more rewarding than representing union workers against bad corporate actors.
William Geddish is a partner with Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP and is based in the Melville office, where his practice focuses on complex securities litigation. Before joining the Firm, he was an associate in the New York office of a large international law firm, where his practice focused on complex commercial litigation.
Since joining the Firm, Willie has played a significant role in the following litigations: In re Barrick Gold Sec. Litig. ($140 million recovery); Scheufele v. Tableau Software, Inc. ($95 million recovery); Landmen Partners, Inc. v. The Blackstone Grp., L.P. ($85 million recovery); In re Jeld-Wen Holding, Inc. Sec. Litig. ($40 million recovery); City of Austin Police Ret. Sys. v. Kinross Gold Corp. ($33 million recovery); City of Roseville Emps’ Ret. Sys. v. EnergySolutions, Inc. ($26 million recovery); Beaver Cnty. Emps’ Ret. Fund v. Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. ($9.5 million recovery); and Barbara Marciano v. Schell & Kampeter, Inc. ($2 million recovery).
Willie has been recognized as a Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch by Best Lawyers® as well as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for the New York Metro area. He has also been included in the 500 X - The Next Generation Lawdragon guide.
Willie earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Sacred Heart University. He received his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law, where he served as the Alumni Affairs Editor of the Hofstra Law Review. He received the Gina Maria Escarce Memorial Award for his in-class contributions during his time at Hofstra University School of Law.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2024
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013-2023
- 500 X - The Next Generation, Lawdragon, 2023
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- Sacred Heart University, B.A., 2006
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® and The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®August 17, 2023
- July 13, 2023
- January 20, 2022
- January 17, 2020
- August 30, 2013