We remain on the cutting edge of complex litigation and provide our clients unparalleled results.
Theodore Pintar is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office and has participated in the successful prosecution of numerous securities fraud class actions and derivative actions. He was part of the litigation team in the AOL Time Warner state and federal court securities opt-out actions, which arose from the 2001 merger of America Online and Time Warner. These cases resulted in a global settlement of $618 million. Ted was also on the trial team in Knapp v. Gomez, which resulted in a plaintiff’s verdict.
Ted has successfully prosecuted several RICO cases involving the deceptive sale of deferred annuities, including cases against Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America ($250 million), American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company ($129 million), Midland National Life Insurance Company ($80 million), and Fidelity & Guarantee Life Insurance Company ($53 million). He has participated in the successful prosecution of numerous other insurance and consumer class actions, including: (i) actions against major life insurance companies such as Manufacturer’s Life ($555 million initial estimated settlement value) and Principal Mutual Life Insurance Company ($380+ million), involving the deceptive sale of life insurance; (ii) actions against major homeowners insurance companies such as Allstate ($50 million) and Prudential Property and Casualty Co. ($7 million); (iii) actions against automobile insurance companies such as the Auto Club and GEICO; and (iv) actions against Columbia House ($55 million) and BMG Direct, direct marketers of CDs and cassettes. Ted and co-counsel recently settled a securities class action for $32.8 million against Snap, Inc. in Snap Inc. Securities Cases, a case alleging violations of the Securities Act of 1933. Additionally, Ted has served as a panelist for numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars on federal and state court practice and procedure. He is a member of the State Bar of California and the San Diego County Bar Association.
Before joining the Firm, Ted was associated with the firm of McKenna Conner & Cuneo in Los Angeles, California, where he focused in commercial and government contracts defense litigation. He is co-author of Assuring Corporate Compliance with Federal Contract Laws and Regulations, Corporate Criminal Liability Reporter, Vol. 2 (Spring 1988).
Ted has received the AV Preeminent certification by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating available). He has been named a Top Lawyer in San Diego by San Diego Magazine for the past nine consecutive years and has been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Ted earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California at Berkeley where he studied Political Economies of Industrial Societies. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Utah College of Law where he was the Note and Comment Editor of the Journal of Contemporary Law and the Journal of Energy Law and Policy.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2021
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014-2017
- CAOC Consumer Attorney of the Year Award Finalist, 2015
University of Utah College of Law, J.D., 1987
- Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Contemporary Law and the Journal of Energy Law and Policy
University of California at Berkeley, B.A., 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- April 20, 2021
- March 15, 2019
- March 1, 2018
- March 21, 2017
- January 20, 2017
- 31 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- August 28, 2015
- March 31, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- July 5, 2014
- Robbins Geller Obtains Settlement in Employment Class-Action Seeking Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Compensation and PenaltiesMay 29, 2014
- April 16, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- March 1, 2013
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association