Our Appellate Department is proud to offer investors advocacy that is just as zealous as that provided by our litigators in the trial courts.
Steven Hubachek is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. He is a member of the Firm’s appellate group, where his practice concentrates on federal appeals.
Before working with the Firm, Steve joined Perkins Coie in Seattle, Washington, as an associate. He was admitted to the Washington State Bar in 1987 and was admitted to the California State Bar in 1990, practicing for many years with Federal Defenders of San Diego, Inc. He also had an active trial practice, including over 30 jury trials, and was Chief Appellate Attorney for Federal Defenders.
Publications include: Steven F. Hubachek, The Undiscovered Apprendi Revolution: The Sixth Amendment Consequences of an Ascendant Parsimony Provision, 33 Am. J. Trial Advoc. 521 (2010); and Shereen J. Charlick & Steven F. Hubachek, Categorically Confusing? Analyzing State Convictions Under Federal Enhancement Statutes, 14 Fed. Sent. R. 289 (2002).
Steve is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating available). He has also been named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine and a Top Lawyer in San Diego by San Diego Magazine for the past eight years.
Steve received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of California, Berkeley. He received his Juris Doctor degree, graduating cum laude, from Hastings College of the Law, with Order of the Coif and membership in the Thurston Honor Society. He was also a member of the Hastings Law Journal, serving as a Notes Editor. Steve externed for the late Hon. Allen E. Broussard, Associate Justice of the California Supreme Court.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named a Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2014-2021
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2007-2009, 2019-2021
- Special Recognition Award, Board of Directors of the Defender Organizations of San Diego County, 2014
- Appellate Attorney of the Year, San Diego Criminal Defense Bar Association, 2012 (co-recipient)
- Outstanding Assistant Federal Public Defender, National Federal Public Defenders Association, 2011
- President’s Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service, Mid City Little League, San Diego, 2011
- E. Stanley Conant Award for exceptional and unselfish devotion to protecting the rights of the indigent accused, 2009 (joint recipient)
- The Daily Transcript Top Attorneys, 2007
Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1987, cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Thurston Honor Society
- Member, Hastings Law Journal
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1983
- Washington (inactive)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and D.C. Circuits
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- April 20, 2021
- Robbins Geller Wins Second Circuit Appeal and Revives Antitrust Case Against Goldman Sachs and JPMorganAugust 28, 2019
- October 8, 2018
- February 6, 2018