The quality, experience, and depth of our Appellate Practice Group is unmatched in the plaintiffs’ bar, and demonstrates our ability and willingness to advocate for our clients after the litigation phase ends.
Douglas Wilens is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. He is a member of the Firm’s Appellate Practice Group, participating in numerous appeals in federal and state courts across the country. Most notably, Doug handled successful and precedent-setting appeals in Ind. Pub. Ret. Sys. v. SAIC, Inc., 818 F.3d 85 (2d Cir. 2016) (addressing duty to disclose under SEC Regulation Item 303 in §10(b) case), Mass. Ret. Sys. v. CVS Caremark Corp., 716 F.3d 229 (1st Cir. 2013) (addressing pleading of loss causation in §10(b) case), and Lormand v. US Unwired, Inc., 565 F.3d 228 (5th Cir. 2009) (addressing pleading of falsity, scienter, and loss causation in §10(b) case).
Before joining the Firm, Doug learned the basics of class action practice at various boutique firms located in Boca Raton, Florida. Prior to that, he was an associate in the New York office of Proskauer Rose LLP, a nationally recognized firm, where he litigated complex actions on behalf of numerous professional sports leagues, including the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, and Major League Soccer. Doug has served as an adjunct professor at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University, where he taught undergraduate and graduate level business law classes.
Doug earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Florida. He graduated with a Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Florida College of Law where he received a “Book Award” for the highest grade in his legal drafting class.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Florida, B.S., 1992
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- June 26, 2020
- May 17, 2016
- N.D. Ohio Court Reconsiders and Vacates Earlier Judgment Dismissing 1933/1934 Act Claims in TCP Securities ActionApril 28, 2016
- April 1, 2016
- July 12, 2013
- May 30, 2013
- A First Time for Everything: The First Circuit Opines on Loss Causation and Vacates CVS Caremark DismissalMay 24, 2013
- December 12, 2012