Helen J. Hodges
Helen Hodges is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. She specializes in securities fraud litigation. Hodges has been involved in numerous securities class actions, including: Dynegy, which settled for $474 million; Thurber v. Mattel, which was settled for $122 million; Nat’l Health Labs, which was settled for $64 million; and Knapp v. Gomez, Civ. No. 87-0067-H(M) (S.D. Cal.), in which a plaintiffs’ verdict was returned in a Rule 10b-5 class action. Additionally, beginning in 2001, Hodges focused on the prosecution of Enron, where a record $7.2 billion recovery was obtained for investors.
Hodges is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named a Super Lawyer. She has also been named a Top Lawyer in San Diego by San Diego Magazine for the past five years.
Prior to Robbins Geller, Hodges was a staff accountant with Arthur Andersen & Co. and served as the law clerk for the Penn Square cases in the Western District of Oklahoma. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Oklahoma State University. While attending Oklahoma State, Hodges obtained her private pilot’s license and was a member of Oklahoma State’s flying team, which won top honors at the National Intercollegiate Flying Association competition. Hodges then became a certified public accountant and received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Oklahoma, where she was the Managing Editor of the Law Review. She was admitted to the State Bars of Oklahoma in 1983 and California in 1987.
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2017
- Elected to the Oklahoma State University Foundation Board of Trustees, 2013
- Super Lawyer, 2007
- Litigation Services
- Securities Fraud
University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 1983
- Managing Editor of the Law Review
Oklahoma State University, B.S., 1979
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona