Maxwell Huffman is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. He focuses his practice on representing both institutional and individual shareholders in securities class action litigation in the context of mergers and acquisitions. Maxwell was part of the litigation team for In re Dole Food Co., Inc. Stockholder Litig., where he went to trial in the Delaware Court of Chancery on claims of breach of fiduciary duty on behalf of Dole Food Co., Inc. shareholders and obtained $148 million, the largest trial verdict ever in a class action challenging a merger transaction.
Maxwell has been named a Winning Litigator by The National Law Journal, as well as a Titan of the Industry by The American Lawyer. Before joining Robbins Geller, Maxwell worked for a boutique firm specializing in securities litigation and bankruptcy matters. Before returning to school to earn his law degree, he spent several years in the finance industry. Working first for a California-based hedge fund and later a well-known insurance company, Maxwell draws upon this experience when representing clients in his current practice.
Maxwell earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from California State University, Sacramento, and his Juris Doctor degree from Gonzaga University School of Law.
- Winning Litigator, The National Law Journal, 2018
- Titan of the Industry, The American Lawyer, 2018
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- California State University, Sacramento, B.A., 2005
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- Masters of the Courtroom: Robbins Geller Partners Randall J. Baron and Maxwell R. Huffman Named as 2018 Winning Litigators by The National Law JournalAugust 27, 2018
- March 5, 2018
- November 17, 2017
- August 29, 2017
- November 9, 2015
- August 27, 2015
- July 5, 2014
- June 30, 2014