Maureen E. Mueller
“The Firm is unparalleled in its ability to exact tangible corporate governance changes to prevent future misconduct.”
Maureen Mueller has helped recover over $3 billion for aggrieved investors and was a member of the Household litigation team.
Maureen Mueller is a partner at the Firm, where her practice focuses on complex securities litigation.
Mueller has helped recover more than $3 billion for investors. She was a member of the team of attorneys responsible for recovering a record-breaking $925 million for investors in the UnitedHealth litigation, In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig., No. 06-CV-1216 (JMR/FLN) (D. Minn.). Mueller was also a member of the Firm’s trial team in Jaffe v. Household Int’l, Inc., No. 02-C-05893 (N.D. Ill.), a securities class action that obtained a record-breaking $1.575 billion settlement after 14 years of litigation, including a six-week jury trial in 2009 that resulted in a verdict for plaintiffs. She also served as co-lead counsel in In re Wachovia Preferred Securities and Bond/Notes Litig., No. 09 Civ. 6351 (RJS) (S.D.N.Y.), which recovered $627 million.
Mueller was named a Top Women Lawyer by the Daily Journal, has been a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” for the past two consecutive years and was named an Outstanding Young Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript. Mueller received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Trinity University, where she captained the women’s soccer team. She received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law. During law school, she served as Lead Articles Editor of the San Diego Law Review and worked as a law clerk for the Firm’s San Diego office. Mueller joined Robbins Geller as an associate after law school.
Honors & Awards
- Top Women Lawyer, Daily Journal, 2017
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015-2016
- “Outstanding Young Attorneys,” San Diego Daily Transcript, 2010
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Lead Articles Editor, San Diego Law Review
Trinity University, B.S., 2002
- Women’s Soccer Team
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- Robbins Geller Prevails in 14-Year Household Securities Class Action with Record $1.575 Billion RecoveryOctober 28, 2016
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Obtains Record $1.575 Billion Recovery from HSBC Finance Corp. in Securities Fraud Class ActionJune 16, 2016
- April 29, 2016
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Obtains $2.46 Billion Judgment Against Household International, Now HSBC Finance Corp.October 17, 2013
- June 4, 2013
- August 5, 2011