Jennifer Caringal is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office, where her practice focuses on complex antitrust and securities litigation.
Jennifer served as lead counsel in In re Am. Realty Cap. Props., Inc. Litig., a case arising out of ARCP’s manipulative accounting practices, and obtained a $1.025 billion recovery. For five years, she and the litigation team prosecuted nine different claims for violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Securities Act of 1933, involving seven different stock or debt offerings and two mergers. The recovery represents the highest percentage of damages of any major PSLRA case prior to trial and includes the largest personal contributions by individual defendants in history.
Jennifer has been named to the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch list by Best Lawyers®. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, with honors, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She received her Juris Doctor degree from Washington University in St. Louis, School of Law, where she served as a Primary Editor on the Washington University Global Studies Law Review. During law school, Jennifer interned with the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, the Division of Enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and Edward Jones Investments. Jennifer joined the Firm upon graduation from law school.
- Best Lawyer in America: One to Watch, Best Lawyers®, 2021
- Washington University in St. Louis, School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Illinois, B.A., 2006, Political Science
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- 6 Robbins Geller Female Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch List and 11 Attorneys Recognized as Best LawyersAugust 20, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- January 24, 2020
- May 16, 2019