Desiree Cummings is a partner with Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP and is based in the Manhattan office. Desiree focuses her practice on complex securities litigation, consumer and privacy litigation, and breach of fiduciary duty actions.
Before joining Robbins Geller, Desiree spent several years prosecuting securities fraud as an Assistant Attorney General with the New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Investor Protection Bureau. As an Assistant Attorney General, Desiree was instrumental in the office’s investigation and prosecution of J.P. Morgan and Goldman Sachs in connection with the marketing, sale and issuance of residential mortgage-backed securities, resulting in recoveries worth over $1.6 billion for the State of New York. In connection with investigating and prosecuting securities fraud as part of a federal and state RMBS Working Group, Desiree was awarded the Louis J. Lefkowitz Award for Exceptional Service. Desiree began her career as a litigator at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP where she spent several years representing major financial institutions, a pharmaceutical manufacturer, and public and private companies in connection with commercial litigations and state and federal regulatory investigations.
At Robbins Geller, Desiree represents institutional and individual investors in securities and breach of fiduciary duty cases. Desiree also represents consumers and serves on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re Blackbaud Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, a data breach multi-district litigation pending in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.
Desiree earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Binghamton University, with a major in Philosophy, Politics and Law. Desiree earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Michigan Law School.
- Leading Lawyer in America, Lawdragon, 2023
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2022
- Louis J. Lefkowitz Award for Exceptional Service, New York State Office of the Attorney General, 2012
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2004
- Binghamton University, B.A., 2001, cum laude
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- January 19, 2023
- November 16, 2022
- January 20, 2022
- May 24, 2021
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Former Assistant Attorney General Jonathan Zweig Has Joined the Firm’s Manhattan OfficeApril 19, 2021
- Robbins Geller’s Desiree Cummings Appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in Blackbaud Data Breach MDLFebruary 17, 2021
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces Former Assistant Attorney General Desiree Cummings Has Joined the Firm’s Manhattan OfficeJanuary 9, 2020
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- PLI Women Lawyers in Leadership 2022, Women of Color in the Law, New York, New York, September 14, 2022