David T. Wissbroecker
Our experience and integrity helps achieve results for our clients and the public shareholders that our clients act to protect.
David Wissbroecker is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego and Chicago offices. He focuses his practice on securities class action litigation in the context of mergers and acquisitions, representing both individual shareholders and institutional investors. As part of the litigation team at Robbins Geller, David has helped secure monetary recoveries for shareholders that collectively exceed $1 billion.
David has litigated numerous high profile cases in Delaware and other jurisdictions, including shareholder class actions challenging the acquisitions of Dole, Kinder Morgan, Del Monte Foods, Affiliated Computer Services, Intermix and Rural Metro. His practice has recently expanded to include numerous proxy fraud cases in federal court, along with shareholder document demand litigation in Delaware.
Before joining the Firm, David served as a staff attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and then as a law clerk for the Honorable John L. Coffey, Circuit Judge for the Seventh Circuit.
David has been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 and a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Arizona State University, graduating cum laude, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law, graduating magna cum laude.
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2019
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude
- Arizona State University, B.A., 1998, cum laude
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- October 3, 2019
- Robbins Geller Ranked Tier 1 by The Legal 500 for "Achieving High-Value Recoveries and Precedent-Setting Decisions for Defrauded Shareholders"May 30, 2019
- September 5, 2018
- July 11, 2018
- March 5, 2018
- April 24, 2017
- January 10, 2017
- November 30, 2015
- November 9, 2015
- August 27, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- November 4, 2014
- October 21, 2014
- September 3, 2014
- July 5, 2014
- June 30, 2014