Our experience and integrity helps achieve results for our clients and the public shareholders that our clients act to protect.
David Wissbroecker is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego and Chicago offices. He focuses his practice on securities class action litigation in the context of mergers and acquisitions, representing both individual shareholders and institutional investors. As part of the litigation team at Robbins Geller, David has helped secure monetary recoveries for shareholders that collectively exceed $1 billion.
David has litigated numerous high-profile cases in Delaware and other jurisdictions, including shareholder class actions challenging the acquisitions of Dole, Kinder Morgan, Del Monte Foods, Affiliated Computer Services, Intermix, and Rural Metro. His practice has recently expanded to include numerous proxy fraud cases in federal court, along with shareholder document demand litigation in Delaware.
Before joining the Firm, David served as a staff attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and then as a law clerk for the Honorable John L. Coffey, Circuit Judge for the Seventh Circuit.
David has been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500, a Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer by Lawdragon, and a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine. David earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Arizona State University, graduating cum laude, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law, graduating magna cum laude.
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer, Lawdragon, 2020-2021
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2019
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude
- Arizona State University, B.A., 1998, cum laude
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- “Bailout” – In Closing Arguments of Tesla Trial, Partner Randy Baron Challenges Elon Musk’s Role in the Acquisition of SolarCityJanuary 18, 2022
- August 25, 2020
- Robbins Geller Ranked Tier 1 Firm and Several Partners Named Leading Lawyers and Next Generation Lawyers by The Legal 500June 11, 2020
- October 3, 2019
- March 5, 2018
- January 10, 2017
- November 30, 2015
- August 27, 2015
- October 21, 2014