David C. Walton
- (619) 231-7423
I consider myself extremely fortunate to work with such talented and aggressive professionals who are tireless in fighting corporate wrongdoing.
David Walton was a founding partner of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP. For over 25 years, he has prosecuted class actions and private actions on behalf of defrauded investors, particularly in the area of accounting fraud. He has investigated and participated in the litigation of highly complex accounting scandals within some of America’s largest corporations, including Enron ($7.2 billion), HealthSouth ($671 million), WorldCom ($657 million), AOL Time Warner ($629 million), Countrywide ($500 million), and Dynegy ($474 million), as well as numerous companies implicated in stock option backdating.
Dave is a member of the Bar of California, a Certified Public Accountant (California 1992), a Certified Fraud Examiner, and is fluent in Spanish. In 2003-2004, he served as a member of the California Board of Accountancy, which is responsible for regulating the accounting profession in California.
Dave has been named a Recommended Lawyer by The Legal 500 and a Southern California Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from the University of Utah and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Southern California Law Center, where he was a staff member of the Southern California Law Review and a member of the Hale Moot Court Honors Program.
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500, 2019
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2016
- Institutional Investor Services
University of Southern California Law Center, J.D., 1993
- Staff member, Southern California Law Review
- Member, Hale Moot Court Honors Program
University of Utah, B.A., 1988, Accounting
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Bar of California
- Certified Public Accountant, California 1992
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Member, California Board of Accountancy, 2003-2004