Christopher Gilroy is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Melville office. His practice focuses on complex securities litigation.
Since joining the Firm, Christopher has played a significant role in the following litigations: Landmen Partners, Inc. v. The Blackstone Grp., L.P ($85 million recovery); In re OSG Sec. Litig. ($34 million recovery); City of Austin Police Ret. Sys. v. Kinross Gold Corp. ($33 million recovery); Citiline Holdings, Inc. v. iStar Fin. Inc. ($29 million recovery); City of Pontiac Gen. Emps. Ret. Sys. v. Lockheed Martin Corp. ($19.5 million recovery); Carpenters Pension Tr. Fund of St. Louis v. Barclays PLC ($14 million recovery); Beaver County Emps’ Ret. Fund v. Tile Shop Holdings, Inc. ($9.5 million recovery); IBEW Local 90 Pension Fund v. Deutsche Bank AG (confidential settlement); and In re Ply Gem Holdings, Inc., Sec. Litig.
Christopher also performed an exhaustive factual investigation in In re Satcon Tech. Corp., on behalf of Satcon’s Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee, resulting in a seven-figure settlement in an action alleging breaches of fiduciary duties against former Satcon directors and officers.
Before joining the Firm, Christopher was an internationally published journalist. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. Christopher graduated cum laude from the City University of New York at Queens College with a Bachelor of Arts degree and earned his Juris Doctor degree from Brooklyn Law School. During law school, Christopher interned at the Queens County District Attorney’s Office where he contributed to the successful prosecution of gang-related, white-collar, and hate-crime felonies.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2010
- City University of New York at Queens College, B.A., 2005, cum laude
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- August 8, 2016
- February 11, 2016
- Overseas Shipholding Group Senior Notes Purchasers Recover 87% of Damages in Securities Class ActionDecember 4, 2015
- November 9, 2015
- Robbins Geller Obtains Class Certification on Behalf of Barclays Investors in LIBOR Securities Class ActionAugust 21, 2015
- October 16, 2013
- August 30, 2013
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association