Brian O. O’Mara
With some of the finest attorneys in the country, Robbins Geller is committed to recovering fraud losses through effective litigation.
Brian O’Mara is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. His practice focuses on complex securities and antitrust litigation. O’Mara serves as lead or co-lead counsel in shareholder and antitrust actions, including Bennett v. Sprint Nextel Corp. (D. Kan.) ($131 million recovery); In re CIT Grp. Inc. Sec. Litig. (S.D.N.Y.) ($75 million recovery); In re MGM Mirage Sec. Litig. (D. Nev.) ($75 million recovery); C.D.T.S. No. 1 v. UBS AG (S.D.N.Y.); In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litig.(S.D.N.Y.); and Alaska Elec. Pension Fund v. Bank of Am. Corp. (S.D.N.Y.). Most recently, O’Mara served as class counsel in the ISDAfix Benchmark action against 14 major banks and broker ICAP plc, obtaining more than $500 million for plaintiffs (pending final approval).
O’Mara has been responsible for a number of significant rulings, including Alaska Elec. Pension Fund v. Bank of Am. Corp., 175 F. Supp. 3d 44 (S.D.N.Y. 2016); Bennett v. Sprint Nextel Corp., 298 F.R.D. 498 (D. Kan. 2014); In re MGM Mirage Sec. Litig., No. 2:09-cv-01558, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 139356 (D. Nev. Sept. 26, 2013); In re Constar Int’l, Inc. Sec. Litig., No. 03-5020, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 16966 (E.D. Pa. Mar. 5, 2008), aff’d, 585 F.3d 774 (3d Cir. 2009); In re Direct Gen. Corp. Sec. Litig., No. 3:05-0077, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 56128 (M.D. Tenn. Aug. 8, 2006); and In re Dura Pharm., Inc. Sec. Litig., 452 F. Supp. 2d 1005 (S.D. Cal. 2006).
O’Mara is the co-author of Whether Alleging “Motive and Opportunity” Can Satisfy the Heightened Pleading Standards of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Much Ado About Nothing, 1 DePaul Bus. & Com. L.J. 313 (2003).
Prior to joining the Firm, O’Mara served as law clerk to the Honorable Jerome M. Polaha of the Second Judicial District Court of the State of Nevada. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Kansas and a Juris Doctor degree from DePaul University College of Law, where he was the recipient of a CALI Excellence Award in Securities Regulation.
- Super Lawyer, 2016-2018
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Recipient of a CALI Excellence Award in Securities Regulation
University of Kansas, B.A., 1997
- District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- September 5, 2018
- August 21, 2018
- July 3, 2018
- June 13, 2018
- March 30, 2018
- December 19, 2017
- Robbins Geller Founding Partner Paul Geller Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in EpiPen Multidistrict LitigationSeptember 13, 2017
- May 17, 2016
- 31 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- August 12, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- March 31, 2015
- December 3, 2014
- November 6, 2014
- Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Case Against Stock Exchanges Over High-Frequency Trading Heats UpSeptember 9, 2014
- April 28, 2014
- April 4, 2014
- October 16, 2013
- Bringing Down the House: Court Rejects Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss in In re MGM Mirage Securities LitigationSeptember 26, 2013
- July 19, 2012
- March 14, 2012