Bill Cavanagh is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Washington D.C. office. Cavanagh concentrates his practice in employee benefits law and works with the Firm’s Institutional Outreach Team.
Prior to joining Robbins Geller, Cavanagh was employed by Ullico for the past nine years, most recently as President of Ullico Casualty Group. The Ullico Casualty Group is the leading provider of fiduciary liability insurance for trustees in both the private as well as the public sector. Prior to that he was President of the Ullico Investment Company.
Preceding Cavanagh’s time at Ullico, he was a partner at the labor and employee benefits firm Cavanagh and O’Hara in Springfield, Illinois for 28 years. In that capacity, Cavanagh represented public pension funds, jointly trusteed Taft-Hartley, health, welfare, pension and joint apprenticeship funds advising on fiduciary and compliance issues both at the Board level as well as in administrative hearings, federal district courts and the United States Courts of Appeals. During the course of his practice, Cavanagh had extensive trial experience in state and the relevant federal district courts. Additionally, Cavanagh served as co-counsel on a number of cases representing trustees seeking to recover plan assets lost as a result of fraud in the marketplace.
Cavanagh earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgetown University and a Juris Doctor degree from John Marshall Law School.
- Institutional Investor Services
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1978
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1974
- District of Columbia
- Member, International Foundation for Employee Benefit Plans
- Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- General Securities Principal (Series 24), General Securities Rep. (Series 7), Agent (Series 63), FINRA
- Certificate, Professional Liability Insurance, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Licensed Producer (Life, Accident, Health, Property, Casualty), District of Columbia, Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking