No firm can match Robbins Geller’s commitment to protect the interests of consumers, investors and shareholders.
Steven Jodlowski is a partner in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. His practice focuses on high-stakes complex litigation, often involving antitrust, securities, and consumer claims. In recent years, he has specialized in representing investors in a series of antitrust actions involving the manipulation of benchmark rates, including the ISDAfix Benchmark litigation, which has resulted in the recovery of $504.5 million on behalf of investors, In re Treasuries Sec. Auction Antitrust Litig., and In re SSA Bonds Antitrust Litig. Steve was also part of the trial team in an antitrust monopolization case against a multinational computer and software company.
Steve has successfully prosecuted numerous antitrust and RICO cases. These cases resulted in the recovery of more than $1 billion for investors and policyholders, including Dahl v. Bain Capital Partners, LLC (recovery of $590.5 million on behalf of shareholders), Negrete v. Allianz Life Ins. Co. of N. Am. (estimated settlement value of $250 million), In re Am. Equity Annuity Practices & Sales Litig. (estimated settlement value of $129 million), In re Midland Nat’l Life Ins. Co. Annuity Sales Practices Litig. (estimated settlement value of $79.5 million), Negrete v. Fidelity & Guar. Life Ins. Co. (estimated settlement value of $52.7 million), and In re Nat’l W. Life Ins. Deferred Annuities Litig.(estimated settlement value of $21 million). In Liberty Mutual Overtime Cases, Steve helped secure $65 million for a class of current and former insurance claims adjusters in California.
Steve has also represented institutional and individual shareholders in corporate takeover actions in state and federal court. He has handled pre- and post-merger litigation stemming from the acquisition of publicly listed companies in the biotechnology, oil and gas, information technology, specialty retail, electrical, banking, finance, and real estate industries, among others.
In recognition of his success, Steve has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for the last five years. He was named as a finalist for Consumer Attorneys of California’s Attorney of the Year Award for his work in Negrete v. Allianz Life Ins. Co. of N. Am. and most recently was recognized by the American Antitrust Institute’s Antitrust Enforcement Awards for the category of Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice.
Steve received a Bachelor of Management degree in Information Systems from the University of Central Oklahoma. He earned a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from California Western School of Law. While in law school, Steve clerked at the Firm and joined Robbins Geller after graduating.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015-2019
- Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice, American Antitrust Institute, 2018
- CAOC Consumer Attorney of the Year Award Finalist, 2015
- California Western School of Law, J.D., 2005, cum laude
- University of Central Oklahoma, B.B.A., 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- April 10, 2019
- March 22, 2019
- Robbins Geller and Co-Counsel Achieve $504 Million “Extraordinary” Settlement in ISDAfix Benchmark LitigationDecember 3, 2018
- September 5, 2018
- July 3, 2018
- April 2, 2018
- March 30, 2018
- January 20, 2017
- September 19, 2016
- 31 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- August 28, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- July 5, 2014
- Robbins Geller Obtains Settlement in Employment Class-Action Seeking Recovery of Unpaid Overtime Compensation and PenaltiesMay 29, 2014
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Panelist: “Overview of a Class Action Lawsuit,” ABA 40th Annual TIPS Mid-Winter Symposium on Insurance and Employee Benefits, Austin, Texas, January 2014