Steven M. Jodlowski
“No firm can match Robbins Geller’s commitment to protect the interests of consumers, investors and shareholders.”
Steve Jodlowski has handled a wide variety of cases involving antitrust violations, securities fraud, consumer fraud, corporate governance, employment, and complex insurance class action litigation, with recoveries exceeding $1 billion.
Steve Jodlowski is a partner in the Firm’s San Diego office. His practice focuses on high-stakes complex litigation, often involving antitrust, securities and consumer claims. In recent years, he has specialized in representing investors in a series of antitrust actions involving the manipulation of benchmark rates, including the ISDAFix Benchmark litigation, which to date has resulted in the recovery of nearly $400 million on behalf of investors, In re Treasuries Sec. Auction Antitrust Litig., and In re SSA Bonds Antitrust Litig. Jodlowski was also part of the trial team in an antitrust monopolization case against a multinational computer and software company.
Jodlowski has successfully prosecuted numerous antitrust and RICO cases. These cases resulted in the recovery of more than $1 billion for investors and policyholders, including Dahl v. Bain Capital Partners, LLC (recovery of $590.5 million on behalf of shareholders), Negrete v. Allianz Life Ins. Co. of N. Am. (estimated settlement value of $250 million), In re Am. Equity Annuity Practices & Sales Litig. (estimated settlement value of $129 million), In re Midland Nat’l Life Ins. Co. Annuity Sales Practices Litig. (estimated settlement value of $79.5 million), Negrete v. Fidelity & Guar. Life Ins. Co. (estimated settlement value of $52.7 million), and In re Nat’l W. Life Ins. Deferred Annuities Litig.(estimated settlement value of $21 million). In Liberty Mutual Overtime Cases, Jodlowski helped secure $65 million for a class of current and former insurance claims adjusters in California.
Jodlowski has also represented institutional and individual shareholders in corporate takeover actions in state and federal court. He has handled pre- and post-merger litigation stemming from the acquisition of publicly listed companies in the biotechnology, oil and gas, information technology, specialty retail, electrical, banking, finance and real estate industries, among others.
In recognition of his success, Jodlowski has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine for the last three years. In 2015, he was named as a finalist for Consumer Attorneys of California’s Attorney of the Year Award for his work in Negrete v. Allianz Life Ins. Co. of N. Am. Jodlowski received a Bachelor of Management degree in Information Systems from the University of Central Oklahoma. He earned a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from California Western School of Law. While in law school, Jodlowski clerked at the Firm and joined Robbins Geller after graduating.
- Panelist: “Overview of a Class Action Lawsuit,” ABA 40th Annual TIPS Mid-Winter Symposium on Insurance and Employee Benefits, Austin, TX (Jan. 2014)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” 2015-2017
- CAOC Consumer Attorney of the Year Award Finalist, 2015
California Western School of Law, 2005, J.D., cum laude
University of Central Oklahoma, B.B.A., 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Awards & Recognition
- 29 Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected as San Diego Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2017
- 35 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Finalists for Consumer Attorney of the Year Award
- 34 Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected as Super Lawyers in San Diego
- Third Quarter 2014