Leonard Simon is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. His practice has been devoted to litigation in the federal courts, including both the prosecution and the defense of major class actions and other complex litigation in the securities and antitrust fields. Simon has also handled a substantial number of complex appellate matters, arguing cases in the United States Supreme Court, several federal Courts of Appeals, and several California appellate courts. He has also represented large, publicly traded corporations.
Simon served as plaintiffs’ co-lead counsel in In re Am. Cont’l Corp./Lincoln Sav. & Loan Sec. Litig., MDL No. 834 (D. Ariz.) (settled for $240 million), and In re NASDAQ Market-Makers Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 1023 (S.D.N.Y.) (settled for more than $1 billion). He was also in a leadership role in several of the state court antitrust cases against Microsoft, and the state court antitrust cases challenging electric prices in California. He was centrally involved in the prosecution of In re Washington Pub. Power Supply Sys. Sec. Litig., MDL No. 551 (D. Ariz.), the largest securities class action ever litigated.
Simon is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Duke University, the University of San Diego, and the University of Southern California Law Schools. He has lectured extensively on securities, antitrust, and complex litigation in programs sponsored by the American Bar Association Section of Litigation, the Practicing Law Institute, and ALI-ABA, and at the UCLA Law School, the University of San Diego Law School, and the Stanford Business School. He is an Editor of California Federal Court Practice and has authored a law review article on the PSLRA.
Prior to Robbins Geller, Simon served as law clerk to the Honorable Irving Hill, United States District Judge for the Central District of California, in 1973-1974. He has been named a Top Lawyer in San Diego by San Diego Magazine.
Simon received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Union College and his Juris Doctor degree from Duke University School of Law, Order of the Coif and with distinction.
- Top Lawyer in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2016-2019
- Super Lawyer, 2008-2016
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1973, with Distinction
- Union College, B.A., 1970
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, Eleventh and D.C. Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- March 15, 2019
- 31 Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for Their Excellence and Achievements in Law by Super Lawyers MagazineJanuary 20, 2016
- February 2, 2015
- April 16, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- March 1, 2013