Darren J. Robbins
“The strength of our commitment to excellence is reflected in our unmatched record of success.”
Darren Robbins has been named California Lawyer Attorney of the Year and recognized as one of the nation’s top securities litigators by several prestigious organizations, including The American Lawyer.
Darren J. Robbins is a founding partner of Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP and a member of the Firm’s Executive and Management Committees. During his 20-year securities practice, Mr. Robbins has served as lead counsel in more than 100 securities actions and has recovered billions of dollars for injured shareholders. One of the hallmarks of Mr. Robbins’ practice has been his focus on corporate governance reform. For example, in UnitedHealth, a securities fraud class action arising out of an options backdating scandal, Mr. Robbins represented lead plaintiff CalPERS and was able to obtain the cancellation of more than 3.6 million stock options held by the company’s former CEO and secure a record $925 million cash recovery for shareholders. In addition, Mr. Robbins obtained sweeping corporate governance reforms, including the election of a shareholder-nominated member to the company’s board of directors, a mandatory holding period for shares acquired via option exercise, and compensation reforms that tied executive pay to performance.
Mr. Robbins was awarded B.S. and M.A. degrees in Economics from the University of Southern California. He received his Juris Doctor degree from Vanderbilt Law School. He has been named one of the “Top 100 Lawyers Shaping the Future” by the Daily Journal, one of the “Young Litigators 45 and Under” by The American Lawyer, and “Attorney of the Year” by California Lawyer.
Mr. Robbins is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars around the world. Mr. Robbins also advises institutional investors in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and European Union countries on issues related to securities litigation, corporate governance and investor activism.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer, 2008, 2013-2014
- Recognized as one of the Top 500 Lawyers, Lawdragon, 2006-2007, 2009-2013
- Recognized as one of Top 100 Lawyers Shaping the Future, Daily Journal, 2008
- Recognized as a Young Litigator 45 and Under, The American Lawyer, 2007
- 2003 Attorney of the Year Award, presented by California Lawyer, March 2004
- Daily Journal
Awards & Recognition
- Robbins Geller Partners Named as Two of the Nation’s Top 500 Lawyers
- U.S.News Ranks Robbins Geller a National Tier 1 Firm
- Chambers USA Names Robbins Geller Attorneys to its Best Lawyers Rankings
- 28 Robbins Geller Attorneys Selected as Super Lawyers and 8 Honored as Rising Stars
- Robbins Geller Earns Plaintiffs' Hot List Recognition
- Lawdragon Names Robbins Geller Partners as Two of the Top 500 Lawyers
- Darren Robbins, Paul Geller and Randy Baron Named to Lawdragon’s List of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- Darren Robbins and Paul Geller Named as Leading Lawyers in America
- U.S.News Names Partner Darren J. Robbins as one of America’s “Best Lawyers”
- Law360 Names the Firm to its Plaintiffs Securities Firms of the Year 2009 List