- Daily Journal
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- BC Public Sector Pension Conference
- AFL-CIO Building & Construction Trades Legislative Conference
- CFA Institute 66th Annual Conference
- Pensions Investment Research Consultants Ltd. (PIRC)
- International Pension & Employee Benefit Lawyers Association (IPEBLA)
- Asia Pacific Association for Fiduciary Studies
- International Pension & Employee Benefits Lawyers Association (IPEBLA)
- Corporate Directors Forum
- International Foundation
Darren J. Robbins
“The strength of our commitment to excellence is reflected in our unmatched record of success.”
Darren Robbins has been named California Lawyer Attorney of the Year and recognized as one of the nation’s top securities litigators by several prestigious organizations, including The American Lawyer.
Darren J. Robbins is a founding partner of the Firm and has extensive experience in federal and state securities class action litigation. Mr. Robbins has recovered billions of dollars for shareholders while serving as lead counsel in numerous securities class actions, including In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig. ($925 million recovery and sweeping corporate governance reforms); In re TXU Sec. Litig. ($150 million recovery plus significant corporate governance reforms); In re Prison Realty Sec. Litig. ($120 million recovery); and In re Dollar Gen. Sec. Litig. ($172.5 million recovery).
In January 2007, Mr. Robbins was recognized as one of The American Lawyer's Young Litigators 45 and Under for making significant strides in the securities litigation field. Similarly, Mr. Robbins received the California Lawyer Attorney of the Year Award in 2004 for his role as lead counsel in In re Hanover Compressor Sec. Litig., which resulted in an $85 million recovery for shareholders and landmark corporate governance reforms.
Mr. Robbins is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars and has lectured on a wide-range of topics related to securities litigation including: Influence of Pension Schemes on Corporate Governance (2011); Regulatory and Legal Issues in the Year Ahead: What Directors, General Counsel, Managers, and Shareholders Need to Know (2011); Pensions and Benefits in a Changing Global Environment (2010); Who’s on First? – Inside a Disclosure Crisis (2010); Corporate Directors Forum (2010); The Future of Corporate Reform – The Corporate Library’s 2009 Public Funds Forum (2009); Influence of Institutional Investors on Corporate Governance (2009); and Understanding D&O Insurance: “When It Pays, When It Won’t” (2009).
Mr. Robbins received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Arts degrees in Economics from the University of Southern California and his Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt School of Law.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as one of the Top 500 Lawyers, Lawdragon, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Recognized as one of Top 100 Lawyers Shaping the Future, Daily Journal, 2008
- Recognized as a Young Litigator 45 and Under, The American Lawyer, 2007
- 2003 Attorney of the Year Award, presented by California Lawyer, March 2004