Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP specializes in complex securities litigation on behalf of investors. Judges have described the Firm as one of the most formidable securities law firms in the country. With 200 lawyers in 10 offices nationwide, and thousands of successfully concluded securities actions, Robbins Geller has the resources, experience and tenacity to achieve superior results.
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys obtained a $400 million settlement for investors, resolving accusations that Pfizer misled investors about an alleged off-label drug marketing scheme. This exceptional result was achieved after five years of hard-fought litigation against the toughest and the brightest members of the securities defense bar by litigating this case all the way to trial.
Jones v. Pfizer Inc., No. 1:10-cv-03864 (S.D.N.Y.).
Top Plaintiff Firm
Elite Trial Lawyers
- The National Law Journal
Most Feared Plaintiffs’ Firm
Plaintiffs Hot List
- The National Law Journal
Band 1 Law Firm
- Chambers USA
Top-Tier Plaintiffs’ Firm
- The Legal 500
National Tier 1 Firm
- U.S. News
Robbins Geller attorneys served as lead counsel for a class of investors and obtained court approval of a $388 million recovery in nine 2007 residential mortgage-backed securities offerings issued by J.P. Morgan. The settlement represents, on a percentage basis, the largest recovery ever achieved in an MBS purchaser class action.
Fort Worth Emps.’ Ret. Fund v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., No. 1:09-cv-03701 (S.D.N.Y.).
This action was the first securities class action case filed against originators and Wall Street banks as a result of the credit crisis. Robbins Geller attorneys secured an unprecedented $500 million settlement for institutional and individual investors.
Luther v. Countrywide Fin. Corp., No. 12-cv-05125 (C.D. Cal.).
As sole lead counsel, Robbins Geller attorneys recovered more than $7.2 billion for victims of Enron. The Enron settlement is the largest aggregate class action settlement not only in a securities class action, but in class action history.
In re Enron Corp. Sec., 586 F. Supp. 2d 732, 811-12 (S.D. Tex. 2008)
Robbins Geller attorneys challenged a management-led buyout of Kinder Morgan and recovered $200 million for investors.
In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. S’holders Litig., No. 06-C-801 (Kan. Dist. Ct., Shawnee Cty. Nov. 19, 2010)
In December 2011, after four hard-fought years of litigation, Robbins Geller obtained a $200 million cash settlement from Motorola. This settlement is the third largest in the history of the Seventh Circuit for a securities class action.
— Silverman v. Motorola, Inc., No. 07 C 4507, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 63477, at *5 (N.D. Ill. May 7, 2012) (St. Eve., J.)
In addition to a monetary recovery for shareholders exceeding $925 million, Robbins Geller attorneys also caused UnitedHealth to make critical changes to a number of its corporate governance polices.
In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig., 643 F. Supp. 2d 1094, 1099 (D. Minn. 2009)
Robbins Geller’s clients pursued individual, non-class action lawsuits arising out of the financial collapse of WorldCom, Inc. recovering $657 million for its clients.
Alaska Elec. Pension Fund v. CitiGroup, Inc. (In re WorldCom Sec. Litig.), No. 03 Civ. 8269 (S.D.N.Y. Dec. 12, 2005)
- Five Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016
- Nationwide Volkswagen Emissions Cheating Lawsuit Settles for Nearly $15 Billion
- The Legal 500 Recognizes Robbins Geller as “the 800-pound gorilla” Plaintiffs’ Firm and Awards Top Ranking
- Robbins Geller Obtains Record $1.575 Billion Recovery from HSBC Finance Corp. in Securities Fraud Class Action
- Bloomberg BNA Recognizes Robbins Geller’s Success and the Importance of Case Selection
- Eight Robbins Geller Attorneys Recognized as Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016
- Chambers USA Recognizes Robbins Geller as a Top Securities Firm & Names Attorneys the Best in Their Field
- MolyCorp Investors Defeat Motion for Summary Judgment in Securities Class Action
- The AmLaw Litigation Daily Interviews Darren Robbins on Robbins Geller's Success and What Is Next in Securities Litigation
- ISS Ranks Robbins Geller First in SCAS Top 50 Report
- Q2 2016 Newsletter
- Groundbreaking $272 Million Settlement Approved in Goldman Sachs RMBS Action
- 2016 Public Funds Forum
- N.D. Ohio Court Reconsiders and Vacates Earlier Judgment Dismissing 1933/1934 Act Claims in TCP Securities Action
- Robbins Geller Named Partners All Recognized as Leading Lawyers in America by Lawdragon
- Agreement in Principle Reached in Volkswagen "Clean Diesel" (Emissions Defeat Device) MDL
- Paul Geller Appointed to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in Nationwide Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litigation
- Shareholders’ Case Against Ruby Tuesday Survives Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss