Robbins Geller obtains premium recoveries for its clients and is unrivaled in the securities litigation field.
Stephanie Schroder is Of Counsel in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s San Diego office. She has significant experience prosecuting every aspect of securities fraud class actions and has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of defrauded investors. Prominent cases include: In re AT&T Corp. Sec. Litig. ($100 million recovery at trial); In re FirstEnergy Corp. Sec. Litig. ($89.5 million recovery); Rasner v. Sturm (FirstWorld Commc'ns); and In re Advanced Lighting Sec. Litig. Schroder also specializes in derivative litigation for breaches of fiduciary duties by corporate officers and directors. Significant litigation includes In re OM Group S'holder Litig. and In re Chiquita S'holder Litig. Schroder also represented clients that suffered losses from the Madoff fraud in the Austin Capital and Meridian Capital litigations, which were successfully resolved.
Schroder’s practice also focuses on advising institutional investors, including public and multi-employer pension funds, on issues related to corporate fraud in the United States securities markets. She is a frequent lecturer on securities fraud, shareholder litigation, and options for institutional investors seeking to recover losses caused by securities and/or accounting fraud.
Schroder earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Kentucky and her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Kentucky, College of Law. During law school, Schroder served as an intern for the Honorable Sara Walter Combs, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 7th Appellate District. In 2006, she helped campaign for her father, the late Justice Wil Schroder, who was elected to the Kentucky Supreme Court and served from 2007 until his retirement in January 2013.
- Institutional Investor Services
- University of Kentucky, College of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Kentucky, B.A., 1997
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- National Coordinating Committee for Multi-Employer Plans, Member
- International Foundation for Employee Benefit Plans, Member
Featured Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Fourth District Progress Meeting, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Kentucky State Building and Construction Trades Council, Biennial Convention, Louisville, Kentucky
- Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council, 51st Annual Convention, Bend, Oregon
- Kentucky State Building and Construction Trades Council, Biennial Convention, Lexington, Kentucky