Kathleen B. Douglas
Kathleen Douglas is an associate in Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP’s Boca Raton office. She focuses her practice on securities fraud class actions and consumer fraud.
Douglas was a member of the litigation team in In re UnitedHealth Grp. Inc. PSLRA Litig., achieving a substantial $925 million settlement. In addition to the monetary recovery, UnitedHealth also made critical changes to a number of its corporate governance policies, including electing a shareholder-nominated member to the company’s Board of Directors. Douglas also worked on Nieman v. Duke Energy Corp. ($146.25 million recovery), which is the largest recovery in North Carolina for a case involving securities fraud, and one of the five largest recoveries in the Fourth Circuit. She also worked on the R.H. Donnelley case, obtaining a $25 million settlement, and the 21st Century case, resulting in a $2.2 million recovery.
Douglas has served as class counsel in several class actions brought on behalf of Florida emergency room physicians. These cases were against some of the nation's largest Health Maintenance Organizations and settled for substantial increases in reimbursement rates and millions of dollars in past damages for the class. She has been recognized for her work in the field of class actions by being named a “Rising Star” six times by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Douglas graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Georgetown University. While attending Georgetown, she served as a congressional intern for United States Congresswoman Karen Thurman (D-FL) and worked part-time during her last semester as a Deputy Clerk Intern for the Clerk’s Office of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Douglas earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law, where she was a member of the Mock Trial Team. While attending law school, she worked as a summer associate at the Firm.
- Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in the field of Class Actions, 2012-2017
University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Received the Dean’s Certificate of Achievement for Outstanding Academic Performance in Analysis of Evidence for earning the highest grade in the course
- Elected to become a member of the University of Miami Mock Trial Team
Georgetown University, B.S. in Business Administration, 2004, cum laude
- President of the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Teaching and research assistant to Dr. Douglas McCabe, Professor of Management
- Recipient of the 2004 Gannet Award for Academic Excellence in Negotiation, Arbitration and Labor Relations
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- September 29, 2017
- June 8, 2017
- August 16, 2016
- June 8, 2016
- November 3, 2015
- June 11, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- April 16, 2014
- June 20, 2012